cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live-to-live migration to new infill cabinet - possible date?

Bobsta
Grafter

Live-to-live migration to new infill cabinet - possible date?

Hi folks,

A new all-in-one infill cabinet has just been built near my house and my physical line connected to it. My FTTC is still being served by the old cabinet (1.5km from my house) so I believe I'm awaiting a live-to-live migration to the new DLSAM, at which point my speeds should rocket to something more acceptable.

Folks at Plusnet, do you get notified when this live-to-live migration is scheduled for? And are you permitted to share that info with subscribers please?

I noted today the BTW DSL checker was updated to show I'm on the new Cabinet 10, when I used to be on Cabinet 7. However, according to https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=343802&cabinets=12373 the cabinet's not due to go live for new orders until May 2019.

Thanks,

Bobsta

As of todayAs of todayAs of yesterdayAs of yesterday

5 REPLIES 5
mac51
Grafter

Re: Live-to-live migration to new infill cabinet - possible date?

Having just gone through this I can only say that you need to be prepared to be patient. The original forecast date on telecom tariffs and Better Broadband for my service was March 2017. It happened on 12 December.

I eventually got a message from PlusNet about 4 weeks or so before the event saying that there were engineering works planned on 12 Dec. This was completely accurate and the improvement has been very welcome.

Good luck!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Bobsta

Thank you for getting in touch.

We do get notified of the live to live migration date and as @mac51 has mentioned we make the relevant customers aware of this a month or so prior to this completing. It is quite normal at this stage for the DSL checker to be showing you are on the new cabinet but it does generally take a few months for the migration after the new cabinet has been stood.

Kind Regards,

Bobsta
Grafter

Thanks for the replies folks (and the dose of realism mac51 Smiley) .

Over the past 4-5 weeks there's been more work going on around the new cabinet - I presume routing more local lines to/through it.

I'd imagine everything has gone better than scheduled, as the CodeLook site has updated the ETA from May 2019 to March 2019 - https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=343802&cabinets=12373

... and I've also been sent a message by Plusnet advising the upgrade works are scheduled to take place on 15 March. Thumbs_Up

Fingers crossed!

Bobsta
Grafter

Great news. Visible Openreach presence over the past few days ... and then today, bang on schedule, at about 10.40am my line dropped, and by 12.20ish it was back up again.

Sync speed has gone from 22 down, 1.5 up to 40 down, 10 up (with potential for 82 down, 33 up). Interleaving is at over 1200 but I'm sure DLM will sort that out soon.

Now I just need to work out how to bump my Unlimited Fibre package to Unlimited Fibre Extra. The Product Upgrade function on the portal doesn't work for me so I've opened a ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for getting back to us, I'm glad to see your speeds have improved.

It looks like FTTC is showing as unavailable at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com which may explain why the product change tool isn't showing an option to upgrade you. It looks like records Here haven't yet updated following the live to live migration completing, or the migration is still in the final stages. 

I've also added a reply to your support ticket 188016931 moving it into my workflow to keep an eye on this and I'll let you know when things have updated which should hopefully be next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet