Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linespeed decreased since powercuts

FIXED
nightsky184
Hooked

Linespeed decreased since powercuts

Hi, as a result of a number of 1-10 second power cuts approximately a month ago the line speed has decreased by approximately 6 or 7mb. Hoped that given enough time, dlm would catch up and return the connection its previous state but linespeed has remained at 29.8mb. Can I please ask that any plusnet side profile or banding is removed/reset in the hope that this will allow dlm to act on the line over time to its previous stable rate in the mid to upper 30mbs (line speed as on plusnet portal not modem sync speed). Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Linespeed decreased since powercuts

Welcome to our community forums @nightsky184 

The profile on our side is set correctly for your sync speed but that wouldn't affect your download speed though due to the way your service routes across our network. Line tests are showing your speed's definitely banded at 32.4mbps by DLM, so I've arranged a reset for the banding to be removed which should happen within 2 to 3 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nightsky184
Hooked

Thank you very much Gandalf! I'll check it again next week. Have a great weekend.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Cheers, you too. Let us know how your speeds look towards the middle of next week. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nightsky184
Hooked

Checked this morning, line speed up to 37.4 from 29.8 mb. thanks very much Gandalf, greatly appreciated!