Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line still banded after move to Plusnet

FIXED
apm42
Hooked

Line still banded after move to Plusnet

I successfully moved to Plusnet (from Sky) today, hoorah.

Router is all up and running but I can see that the banding issue I've been experiencing for more than a year now hasn't changed with the move.  Sky tech support was rudimentary and a DLM reset was never requested.

What I can see with the new router is that my line's max data rate is 37.7mbps, Sky chooses not to present this information in it's router interface.  I'm banded at exactly 32.4mbps, every reconnect, which as I say has been the case for over a year so I'm convinced the DLM band is stuck.  Perhaps the stability profile is incorrect/conservative too?

As a little bit of history, my line was originally banded down to 18mbps but after internal wiring replacement and a master socket change, it gradually crept up to the 32.4 band but stopped there.

Could a staff member please inspect my line/profile/banding?

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Line still banded after move to Plusnet

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, cheers for joining us! I'm sorry to see that the connection is still banded after you've moved over to us. I've submitted a DLM reset for you which should put that right within the next few hours so please let us know how things go. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apm42
Hooked

Thanks for the quick response and action, Adam.  Much appreciated.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem! I hope that's done the trick. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apm42
Hooked

Hi Adam,

I'm afraid no movement in the banding though DLM did do a few early morning reconnects with some improvement to the connected upload speed (+700kpbs) over the last few days.  The maximum data rate has increased upwards to over 40mbps and the noise margin which had some room to spare has settled down to the minimum 6db as the max rate increased (I think my cabinet is the brand that can't go to 3db).

Any suggestions or other avenues that could be explored?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm really sorry that's still an issue, I'll pick this back up and make sure we get it sorted for you. 

I've just been running diagnostic tests again and they've picked up on a line fault this time, on the up-side that means we can get that fixed by Openreach and it should mean that the issue doesn't return.

As you might guess we'll need to arrange for an engineer to come out and see you so I've added an update to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223062207

Please take a look when you can, let me know on here when you've responded and I'll get it booked in for you.

All the best.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apm42
Hooked

Hi Adam, thank you once again.  I've replied on the linked area.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

No problem! I've just made the booking for you and replied back to the ticket to confirm. We'll follow things up with you afterwards but please do get back to me if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
apm42
Hooked

Hi Adam, the engineer finished up a little while ago.  He wasn't able to detect a line fault but did visit the cab to re-terminate the pair there.  That seemed to do the trick as the banding lifted and has allowed connection at a non-capped and higher figure.  A marginal improvement of 2.6mbps but every byte counts in this household.

Thank you once more for your help in this. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries and thanks for your patience whilst we looked into it, I'm glad to see that's helped and do shout up if there's anything else we can help with.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team