Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Line speed

Could someone please update my line speed as it's dropped to 56Mbps for no apparant reason.

Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
HORSHAM CARFAX
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 63.2Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-06-28 10:19:01
Current line speed:
55.8 Mb
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line speed

First - remove your phone number

Second - have you checked either the BT IP profile or the sync speed from your router

dickelliott
Grafter

Removed my phone number now. Didn't realise that i had copied it to here.

BT line profile is 55.4Mbps

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So the real question is why did your sync speed drop

Going by the fact that the Plusnet profile is higher than the BT one would tend to indicate that there was a further sync drop in the early hours of this morning

Do the router stats give any indication as to when it hapened

dickelliott
Grafter

Been having problems with line spped since fitting the Hub 1 router. Changed my phone line to PN, took out their youview tv and signed up to another 2 year contract.

With my old netgear router i was getting download speeds of 56Mbps all the time. With hub 1 router speeds have varied contantly between 14 and 59Mbps. Been all over the place.

I noticed when i checked my line spped on the PN website that i should be getting between 63 and the top whack of 78. My line spped has only ever been 63 at the highest. So i was wondering why it had never been anywhere near this. Over the past few days itls been dropping and now shows it to be 55.

Can't go back to my old router because it doesn't support IPTV. Raised a fault with PN and the guy just sais it's probably interference from other things etc. I know that's not the answer otherwise it would have happened with the other router.

For 4 years no problem at all, since fitting the hub 1 nothing but trouble