cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed Lower than estimate

Andrew_T
Grafter

Line speed Lower than estimate

My downstream is currently trained in at 32mb (taken from the router GUI) which is below my estimate. Since joining Plusnet my speed has been 36-37mb which was about the same as my previous  provider.

I am in my master socket which is an NTE5C SSFP with no extensions. I work in the B.B industry and know what I am doing when it comes to diagnostics and fault finding. Openreach were working up my pole his week and I don’t know if they have done something to affect my speed but It seems like it could be them. 

I am a gamer and speed is actually really important to me. Would have the faster  service if it were available to me but unfortunately it’s not and for now I am stuck with basic fibre. Could somebody please look at my line and possibly reset DLM/uncap it so I can get the best speed my line can support please?

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew_T
Grafter

Re: Line speed Lower than estimate

I meant to include this on the original post  

088FD0A0-CA28-4C33-89A2-A1759D5DEE61.png

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Sight of the Help Desk tab in the Troubleshooting section would be far helpful to anyone giving useful advice.

Andrew_T
Grafter

Thanks, not familiar with the plusnet hub yet. I did wonder why I couldn’t see the SNR and min/max rates
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Thanks, not much margin there for an increase. What does the DSL Checker suggest your line is capable of?

Andrew_T
Grafter

I’ve been receiving 36mb since joining plusnet over 3 months ago. Only in the last week it’s dropped to 32mb. If there is an issue with my connection the max attainable estimate is going to drop. I wish I had seen this info earlier as I would have been able to see was the max achievable was when I was receiving 36mb
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

From what I can see your line isn't banded or capped: "Profile Name: 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can report this through to our suppliers and arrange an engineer to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Andrew_T
Grafter

I replaced my adsl cable and all is ok again.

Max achievable is back up and downstream is back to expected..ish

helpdeskhelpdesk

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to see your speeds have increased!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet