Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line running at half speed. Help Please

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line running at half speed. Help Please

This sort of thing is out of my comfort zone but I know enough to know that this isn't right, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

BT Speed Test Results

My router and modems have been up for 15 days if that helps and these are the sync speeds.

Vigor 130 Modems Sync Rates

After tweaking the router to I've just done another test on the other line with these results:

Second Account Test

Your input is appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Line running at half speed. Help Please

Hello there. Are you running the test wired to a PC or wireless? If it's via Ethernet I'd recommend raising a performance fault at http://faults.plus.net
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Anoush, any history of disconnections on his line?  What's his Plusnet profile?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry, I'm not in the office this weekend. Sad I was just providing general advice.

[Edit]

@Anonymous I'm assuming you're on the Unlimited Fibre Extra package? If not then that explains the cap at 38 Mbps.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anoush - I'm running Ethernet but I don't think it's a fault, I suspect it due to a CAP on the account both of which should be Unlimited Fibre Extra. It work for now, so I can wait to raise a fault until either another member of staff checks and replies or Monday comes which ever is sooner.

@aesmith - Is this something I can tell you?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The one piece of information which seems to be missing - I didn't see it - is the Plusnet Current Line Speed https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the delay @Oldjim but I didn't realise that you had made a post. I this what you're meaning?

Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 75.3Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-04-25 15:04:37

Current line speed:40 Mb

Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is exactly what I meant and this tells me that it is Plusnet slowing it down either because of a glitch or because they have moved you to the 40/20 product

Unless it is picked up here you may be able to sort it via Chat unless it is that you are now on the wrong product and I am not sure Chat can sort that

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Oldjim, could maybe @adamwalker, or @bobpullen or maybe @Anoush take a look at this for me please as BOTH lines should be on the Unlimited Extra product.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Looking at this now.

Should be sorted, can you try a speedtest?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Note - you may need to do a disconnect/reconnect to activate the new profile

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is @Chris, both lines running at ±75Mbps, as always your efforts are appreciated, so thank you for that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oldjim - Not in this case, my modem detected the change about 20 mins ago and re-sync'd automagically. Wink