cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line profile dropped to 1/3 of what it was, plus continual line drops

sjwk
Hooked

Line profile dropped to 1/3 of what it was, plus continual line drops

I noticed my broadband seemed sluggish the last couple of days, and have now seen that it's now negotiating a profile of ~16Mb/s down, 6Mb/s up, compared to around 48Mb/s down, 8 up from a few days ago.  Have rebooted router with no change.  I've run the BT wholesale tester which confirmed speeds and profiles.  How do I go about getting that reset?

I also, like many others it appears, get regular line drops.  One or two a day on average.  Takes about a minute or two and then the line comes back.  The router is not rebooting, the logs show a 'link down' event on the ADSL line, then 'link up' and renegotiation.  I have previously opened a ticket about it, but according to the engineers, the periodic link state change on the copper wire connected into my router was down to 'my wifi being on the wrong channel' so I gave up on that route.  Has anyone else managed to find a solution to that?  It's an annoyance but a lesser problem than the speed profile so will live with it!

Steve.

1 REPLY 1
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Line profile dropped to 1/3 of what it was, plus continual line drops

Hello @sjwk

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear about the speeds on your line. I've run some tests on the line and can see that this is being caused by a fault on your phone line. I've now raised this with Openreach and we're hoping to have it resolved by 20/09/2021.

We do have a bit on an issue though, in that once the fault is resolved, we may need to manually amend your IP profile on our end. Give us a shout on here on 21/09/2021, we'll check the account and will amend it if necessary.

I've just created an open ticket on the account which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Tech Support Team here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds