Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault fixed, still slow speeds

Highlighted
Rajveer86
Dabbler

Line fault fixed, still slow speeds

I called a few days ago due to low speeds and stuttery latency (I was maxing out download at around 31Mb), and was told that there was a line fault. The Openreach engineer fixed the line yesterday, then ran a test from my master socket with his test device. The test device reported a SNR margin of 3.5dB, download speed of 74Mb and upload of 14Mb.

However when I run a speed test myself I'm still hitting around 31Mb download. Can somebody check if I am being affected by dlm? I tried calling support but the agent wasn't very helpful.

8 REPLIES 8
Rajveer86
Dabbler

Re: Line fault fixed, still slow speeds

Ok I called support again and we tested with the Plus One hub, the hub was syncing ~60Mb but still downloading at 30Mb. The agent then said he changed the profile and after a while I'm now downloading at ~55Mb. My HA612 says that I am syncing at 63Mb down and 15Mb up with an SNR margin of...21.9dB!! I think it's clear that I'm being affected by dlm so I'd like to request a dlm reset to see what happens please (since I did just have a line fix).

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

Hey @Rajveer86,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is an underlying issue that is causing the SNR margin issue you are seeing your side. I have provided a further reply via ticket here. Please reply with your availability and we can pick it up from here.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Rajveer86
Dabbler

Awesome, I've replied, thank you for checking on this first thing in the morning Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

Great, all updated for you @Rajveer86 Smiley

Give us a nudge if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Rajveer86
Dabbler

Hi @Mads, the engineer has come and said that everything looks fine with the line. Immediately after I've connected and my ping has risen to 16ms and I'm now only hitting 45Mb download. Something weird is going on, can you take a look please? I was rock solid at 6-7 ping so I think dlm is kicking in, can I get a reset please.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @Rajveer

I've reset your profile - let's see how this looks in 24 hours and take it from there.

Thanks

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
pippin2019

Slow speeds especially from 4pm onwards. Phone line checked - all ok . So bad we cannot use two devices at once. Really disappointed as I thought fibre broadband would be much quicker then non fibre!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @pippin2019

Thanks for getting in touch. I can see that you've raised this with my colleagues who have opened a fault ticket for you here.

Could you please let us know how you get on with the steps contained in that ticket and what the results of a speed test are via a wired device?

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team