Did you mean: 

Line fault - BT Phone/Plusnet FTTC

FIXED
orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Line fault - BT Phone/Plusnet FTTC

Hello,

Last Thursday our BT phoneline went faulty, very loud noise on line, no in/outbound phone calls could be made and my Plusnet FTTC service was very intermittent and mostly unusable. I disconnected the modem cable as it kept dropping the connection so saw no need leaving it in. I checked internal wiring, plugged into the VDSL dual faceplate master socket and still have issue, wiggled the outside BT wire etc. I did a BT phoneline fault test which confirmed a fault existed, logged a fault  and gave a fix by Tues 6th which slipped to 7th now 8th Oct.

I assume there's no point raising this with Plusnet as it's all down to the line fault which BT have (i pressume) passed onto Openreach?

If I raise a fault with Plusnet will that just complicated matters? - I have no phone or broadband but appreciate it's a bit more complicated as I have 2 providers.

Thanks for any help (I'm using a mobile dongle plugged into modem/router to give a backup service so do have a temp solution so not the end of the world  Smiley  )

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Line fault - BT Phone/Plusnet FTTC

Fix

@orby wrote:

I assume there's no point raising this with Plusnet...

Correct.

Even if both services were with Plusnet, they wouldn't chase a broadband problem while a landline fault existed.

It's virtually a certainty that the broadband will be restored when the landline fault is fixed.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi, thanks for that, I agree that the problem will be resolved (unless Openreach do something to muck it up!) - I thought I'd ask here.

Cheers

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@orby OK - hope it goes well.  🤞🏻

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)