cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line down all day...

jonnyboy28
Dabbler

Line down all day...

No internet all day...Hub one red bb light just flashes...Reset it etc. - no change. Currently have a question open regarding fibre speeds (been confirmed that it's down to congestion - upgrade on 21st Oct) - please, if anyone from Plusnet sees this, can you investigate???? Slow internet is preferable to no internet until the upgrade...children distrought!
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Line down all day...

Hi there,

Glad to see an engineer is set to visit later today in the PM slot.

Let us know how things go please and I'll follow things up as needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyboy28
Dabbler

It's now nearly 5pm and nobody has turned up yet....this has been a complete shambles thus far...
jonnyboy28
Dabbler

Okay, nobody turned up. Told by online agent to wait until after 7.00pm and contact them to see what the reason for the no-show was. I got back in touch via online chat at 7.30pm to be told that no more details were available to them and this would be escalated to the faults team who would look on their systems or contact 'the suppliers' (I think they mean openreach) to find out what happened. Either way I would hear something this evening or in the morning. So, to conclude, I've spent a week with slow internet and 2 days with no internet since being 'upgraded' to fibre.  I'm still within the 14 day period, so if I don't get a satisfactory response by tomorrow morning.....I think you can guess the rest...

jonnyboy28
Dabbler

So, the saga continues. Didn't hear anything from PlusNet either last night or this morning. Got through on chat and, what a surprise, there was still no information on why the previous engineer didn't show up.  I have had to book another engineer to come out on Saturday afternoon. When I mentioned cancelling because I was in the 14 day grace period, I was informed the time didn't commence from activation. So despite the fact I've had awful or no service ever since the switch over from adsl to fibre, I can't cancel without incurring a charge....I've got to the point where each setback just makes me laugh. I fully expect to be posting again on Saturday evening after either no-show.

Until then....

jonnyboy28
Dabbler

Okay. Internet 'miraculously' just started to work late last night. Nothing was changed my end.  Waited until morning to see if it was still up. It was. Contacted Plusnet to cancel engineers visit. Told that it had reached the point of no return. If I am charged for a call out for this I will not be paying. It is hardly my fault that the internet just came back on for no apparent reason. Also, considering the last engineer didn't even bother to turn up after I'd booked a day off from work....

jonnyboy28
Dabbler

I spoke too soon - no internet again. Good job I couldn't cancel the engineer...here's hoping he turns up this time.
jonnyboy28
Dabbler

Okay, engineer came and internet is now up (faulty fibre cables in cabinet). Unfortunately still getting slow speeds (15mb download and only 400kb upload!) - What is more concerning is that the line max dl speed (on the BT speed checker looks like it's now set to 32.61mb (before the fix it was over 77mb) - when I'm paying for the 76mb service and when the internet came up briefly before the engineer came out I was getting 69mb dl and 18mb ul)...can someone from Plusnet take a look? It looks like the IP is set to the wrong product.

jonnyboy28
Dabbler

Okay, another engineer out this morning - replaced master socket. Getting 80/20 again! Hurrah. Even getting good download/upload speeds! Obviously this wont address the congestion issues at peak times but when the 21st comes round that should be sorted as well. At last!