Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line check request

FIXED
benfranklin
Grafter

Line check request

Please could a member of staff run a GEA line test on my line? I moved house a few months ago and the internet connection here is performing below my expectations. Currently I've got a locked ECI modem on the line so I can't do much in the way of diagnostics myself, I have just logged a fault via the broadband troubleshooter as speed tests are coming in just below the bottom end of the VDSL impacted range on the DSL checker despite having no internal extension wiring, mk3 SSFP fitted, no audible noise on the phone line and no bridge taps detected.

We are only 300m from the FTTC cabinet that serves our line down a straight road but speeds are around 31Mbps. Frustratingly there is also another FTTC cabinet half the distance away but obviously we're stuck with the other one.

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Line check request

Sure, 

I can see the fault you've raised, that's going through some automated tests now so you should hear back from us soon:

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
benfranklin
Grafter

Ah well no wonder I thought it was under-performing, I am a legacy 40/20Mbps customer so should be on the 55/10Mbps profile. I was told by the home moves team that I would retain the 55Mbps download. I'll update my support ticket accordingly and hopefully this can be corrected.

Interesting to see that my line is over 500m long, that is a bit of a surprise but all looks good apart from the wrong profile Smiley

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ignore the line length in the GEA test it's a estimate and always wrong becasue it bases it on the speed your getting at the time of the test not what the actual line length is, it's pretty much a waste of time showing that in the test so why it's there i don't know.  

benfranklin
Grafter

Thanks for clearing that up. I have also now done something I should have done ages ago and acquired an HG612 and unlocked it, mostly so I can see my line stats.

Will keep an eye on my sync with the expectation that it will soon be going up Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry to hear this.

I've placed a modify order to correct this which will complete tomorrow.

You should see faster speeds from then

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
benfranklin
Grafter

Normal service is resumed, thanks! Smiley