Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line check please

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Line check please

My download speed seems to have steadied at "normal" (around 35.8Mbps, give or take .5Mbps) after some odd variations in the last week, but I'm still getting "hangs" when connection looks good but nowt transfers, from time to time.
Also,  last evening my Up speed increased from a seemingly unshakable 11Mbps to 12.7Mbps, It's still up there despite resetting my Router (not modem), what's going on?
I'd like to know if there's likely anything wrong at my end, and would therefore like to know that from the cabinet is reliable please. It's getting near Christmas, so maybe I'm due a Wild Goose Chase?
Thanks.
adie:red removed all caps title as per link:rules]
3 REPLIES 3
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Re: Line check please

Is there anyone at PlusNet able do a line check please?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The line is testing fine, the sync seems good and the copper line test is passing.
Wired or wireless connection? Does it also hang when using the other (if possible to test)?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for checking Chris. The problem seemed to be happening with both wired and wireless, I changed the router DNS from provided to Google, it seems better, certainly the pages load faster. too early to say if problem gone, but looking in with chance.
Up speed quite definitely faster after many months fixed 2Mbps slower, I wish I knew why but probably never will. Using online backup in addition to normal backup and its noticeably better (15% faster?).