Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line check please

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Line check please

Can someone on the CRT check my line please, i awoke to find i had no dial tone on the phone and no broadband access, after about 15 - 20 minutes it came back  no idea how long it was off prior to that.  i just want to know if it all looks ok any signs of a another fault developing. 
what is strange is i have gained almost double my upload again just like previously before it went again, despite the 2nd tier engineer saying it would be a impossibility to gain any speed back based on the line tests ect he did so clearly he was wrong and I'm wondering if he actually did any thing at all at the cab ect to get speeds back,  i know he changed the pair at the BT box in the street because i watched him do it but I wasn't able to go when he went off to check at the cab  etc.
Maybe today an Openreach engineer has been at the cab for some one else and such it has had an impact on my line although why it would kill the line completely i don't know, could it have removed some crosstalk ?  but then i don't know if it would only effect the upload like that and not download as well,  i have not gained anything on download if anything i have lost a little down from 47.8 to the current 46.15.
anyway here is my current BTw test
Download speedachieved during the test was - 44.73 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-46.15 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 46.15 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9.05Mbps  ( up from 4.2Mb)
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
10 REPLIES 10
Terranova667
Pro

Re: Line check please

Just a friendly reminder for anyone on CRT to check my line for me thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Testing, will post back shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 47.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.4 Mbps

However:
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
So I tested the phone line and it's showing as a 'rectified loop' fault. Can you dial 17070 and see if there's any noise?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro

Hi chris thanks for the reply,  the Line doesn't have any noise that i can hear if there is any it's either intermittent or not at a level that is audible.
is this something that is likely to cause a problem or should i just keep an eye on it ?
Terranova667
Pro

My line is currently dead at the moment it was off this morning I have contacted support and they say they will look into it but may take 1-3 days  I'm having to use my sisters connection to keep in contact
Should a Engineer be required can it be a morning slot  8am - 1pm
thanks.
Terranova667
Pro

Can someone on the CRT please find out what is going on it's been 24 hrs the line is still dead no phone or broadband I have had no update since reporting the issue yesterday,  IS BTW aware has an engineer been sent, Some communication would be nice, and can you send a reply via text I can only have access to my sister computer for a very short while. thank you.
Chris
Legend

I'll check this as soon as I can, our systems are running a bit slow at the moment I'm afraid.
Terranova667
Pro

Hi Chris I did try and login to the members area to see if the ticket had been updated but I wasn't able to, I wont have any further access to my sisters computer today so I cant answer via forum or email so any further info via text would be most grateful thanks.  Smiley
Chris
Legend

I'll update the ticket shortly, however there's no update at the moment. The fault has been reported to Openreach and the estimate response time is for tomorrow.
Terranova667
Pro

Just an update to say i'm back up and running, turned out the stretch of line from my home to the BT distribution point in the street some 50m away was screwed so the Engineer replaced it, now have a working phone line again  Smiley
the downtime doesn't seem to have done much damage, i have lost a bit of upload gone from 9Mb to 7Mb download has remained pretty much the same give a kb or so, it could have been worse i guess so can't grumble.
can anyone on the CRT check to see if the downtime caused any banding or DLM intervention of any kind, i wouldn't have thought so but I thought i'd check thanks.