Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line banded?

FIXED
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Line banded?

Hi, could a Plusnet staff member check our line and see if it has been ‘banded’ or not.

Case in point, the upstream sync rate appears to be the same amount every time at the exact 6000 kbps (hub one is slightly lower @ 5716 but consistent) with a strange SNR.
It may have been banded after a bad period of instability caused by a suspected failing DSL filter, which was removed around the 4th April.
I then waited for over 30 days for change by the DLM but nothing occurred even though the ES was around 6 per 14 days (well below any of the BT thresholds).

I can only conclude that banding is in play otherwise I would have seen something change by now.
That's RPM to you!!
2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Line banded?

Fix

Hiya @RPMozely, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the issue with your upload speed and problems this causes! I'd like to do what I can to help!

I can see that the profile is banded at 6mb. I've now raised this for it to be unbanded for you, please just allow 3 working days for this to update Smiley

Let me know how this goes! 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Line banded?

Hi @LaurenB

Looks like upstream has been uncapped today, thanks.

Now it’s the long wait for the DLM to eventually reduce the downstream SNR back to the 39999 kbps maximum for our line.
That's RPM to you!!