Did you mean: 

Line Speed dropped

FIXED
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Line Speed dropped

Hi,

My fibre broadband has been happily sitting on a line speed of around 76Mbps for ages with no problems. I kind of noticed recently that a large download was taking longer but didn't think much of it, but checked out a speed test yesterday and noticed I was only getting around 13Mbps.

Checked out the Current Line Speed page and it's telling me 14.6Mbps. That's normally been sat on around max speed the times I've checked in the past.

I've tried restarting the router but no difference, also restarted the BT FTTC Modem. Have done the steps of disconnecting first and then restart just in case.

I'm currently going through the troubleshooter and running the BT speedtests. These are all reporting around 13.5Mbps and flags it in red as expected is between 40 to 77.35. Profile is set to 77.35

Line sounds good on the phone, no noise, no extensions. I don't particularly notice dropped connections. Cabinet is 150m from the house which I believe is why I get such a good connection usually.

Anything more I can try that will give it a kick before I've finished the tests and raise a ticket? Is this a case of the DLM having decided to drop my line sync speed?

3 REPLIES 3
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Line Speed dropped

You seem to have carried out the main troubleshooting steps so yes please raise a speed fault at faults.plus.net

James

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Looks like there was a blip and your line dropped down briefly to a lower speed, it's since improved so I've altered the profile on our side to match the BT one now. Can you try a single disconnect/reconnect for me please.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Chris,

That's fixed it I think. Line speed says 77.4 and speed test comes out at 73.69 down and 18.77 up. Back to awesome.

Many thanks!