cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Speed Lower than expected

FIXED
zzx

Line Speed Lower than expected

The estimated speed for our line is around 80 Mbps; it's been 13 days since the broadband service started, and we are only getting a steady 33 Mbps. It dropped to around 28 Mbps on day 5 or 6 but never under that.

The Support Team wasn't particularly helpful and suggested to arrange an engineer visit.

Just want to know what's wrong before doing so.

I attached the GEA test report and the result from BTW Performance Test.

Is it possible that we have the wrong profile? Or the interference in our house as the GEA test suggested (we've tried moving the router downstairs next to the master socket but that doesn't help)?

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Line Speed Lower than expected

Hello there, I've not been able to identify your account so I can see what to do to help. Could you send me a private message with your username please? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker Is the BBEU id in the GEA test above any use to you? (capture.png) The checker shows a clean range of approx. 60-80 Mbps so something is clearly not right.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

We were able to locate the account in question and the issue should now be resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team