cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Check please

PeterBest

Line Check please

Hi,
Have lost around 20% of my sync speed over the last few weeks. Not sure if related to G.IMP that I'm seeing banded around, but would be interested to know.
Download sync down from 38mb to 30, upload down from 9mb to 6.
Can my line be checked?
Cheers!
Pete
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Line Check please

The line test is showing no obvious errors or issues, I can see that you're currently synced at 31Mbps. Is your phone line working correctly without any noise, crackles etc?
Downstream Speed 31.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.0 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-32.4M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Retransmission Low
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@peterbest you have G.INP enable as denoted by the retransmission part of the profile, your drop in speed most likely due to having a ECI modem, getting a Huawei based modem should restore the speed back but it will be at your own expense the other alternative is to wait and see what BTO do but you could be in for a bit of a wait know one seems to know what they are up to in this regard.
Why Chris didn't tell you any of this rather than ask about phone line issues i don't know there has been enough posting on the these forums and else where for Plusnet to know what's going on and what to suggest, unless BTO /  BTW have told them to keep quiet about it ?  

AndyH
Grafter

@ Terranova - I doubt it's the modem as DLM has banded the line.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

G.INP shouldn't cause banding on the line, yes there is G.INP on there (sorry I didn't clarify originally).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro

yeah  didn't see it was banded my bad  Embarrassed  he still could be using a ECI modem though which might not be helping matters hard to say.
AndyH
Grafter

I suspect it's a Huawei modem - but will be interesting to see.
PeterBest

Thanks for the input guys, using a HH5 Type A
Would I be right in thinking the HH5 are basically ECI modems, so that would explain the drop in speed if G.INP has been enabled on my line?
Thanks again!
AndyH
Grafter

Do you have the original Openreach modem still?
PeterBest

Yeah, will try digging it out and see if it makes a difference. Pretty sure it's a ECI based modem as well
Terranova667
Pro

The HH5 type  A is ECI the HH5 type  B is Huawei and works fine for G.INP,
if the BTO modem you have is ECI then don't bother swapping it will make no difference, you could wait and see what BTO will do although as i said it maybe some time, or get a  Huawei based modem at your own expense.
Even if you get a Huawei modem I'm not sure how it goes when Banding is already applied I would think that the less noise that the line would have thanks to G.INP would make DLM remove the banding at some point and start to increase the speed back up, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable in this could tell you. 
PeterBest

Thanks Terranova667, I won't bother messing around swapping modems around then. Something external must have changed, as my hardware hasn't and sync speeds have been nice and stable up to a few weeks ago
PlusNet : No noise or crackles on the phone line. Sync speeds have been very stable up until the last few weeks, my line speed has been higher than that profile that I'm currently on since I joined PN. Something must be going on, how can I progress this?
Cheers!
/edit after a bit more reading I'm pretty sure this is due to the ECI based HH5 Type A in combination with the G.INP issues reported everywhere. Would be good if PN could give BT/Openreach a good hard kick about this. Stuck in limbo without an official statement weeks after it started