Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Banded at 22398kpbs

FIXED
cwaite
Rising Star

Line Banded at 22398kpbs

Hi

About once a year my line seems to get banded this often happens when Openreach are fixing problems in the cabinet or on the underground cabling, I noticed my connection dropped a few days ago I am currently syncing at 22398kbps but my max attainable is around 28000kpbs, I have tried a reboot of my modem but I am still stuck at a sync speed of 22398kbps, could I ask someone at PN to do what you normally do for me every year and remove the banding from my connection and reset my Plusnet Profile which also seems to need resetting along with the banding being removed.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Line Banded at 22398kpbs

Thanks for the post @cwaite

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for this. 

I've arranged for your line to be reset now to remove the banding, which should go through within 3 working days.

Once that's happened, the profile our side should update automatically, but if it doesn't let me know and I can prod it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cwaite
Rising Star

Thank you @Gandalf , Am I correct in thinking that as I am on a Static IP address once the banding has been removed the profile from Plusnet's side will need to be reset manually?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It should update automatically when the line is reset

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cwaite
Rising Star

@Gandalf @Anoush 

My line has just been reset and I am now syncing at 28477kbps but running a speed test shows a maximum download of 19.73mbps so it does look as if my Profile at PN needs a manual reset, please could someone reset my Plusnet profile.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've increased the profile for you now. Can you turn your router off then back on? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cwaite
Rising Star

Thank you I have Dropped the Wan and reconnected and all is now fine, Can anyone tell me why my Plusnet Profile does not automatically reset when my line Sync Speed is adjusted? Just interested to find out why it always seems to need manual intervention.

Speed BeforeBeforeBefore

Speed After

AfterAfter

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @cwaite 

I'm glad to see your speed's increased now. 

Our profile should do, but it generally needs a day or two to automatically adjust to changes in the sync speed. 

Line resets we request can go through very quickly, within 24 hours, but I'd normally still advise to allow 3 working days as this allows time for our systems to update to reflect this change as well. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet