cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let down yet again with no information and delays

kaotix

Let down yet again with no information and delays

I have been let down yet again with my fibre order and now have to wait another day for it to be activated. I was originally told that my order would be active on the 20th and my modem/router has been sent out to me in plenty of time.
After checking today for an update from work before I got home I saw that my open question was on hold until tomorrow for someone to make sure my service had been activated. Ok, I thought I'd get home and be greeted with the connection I've been waiting for.
Unfortunately, no connection...
I called customer services and spoke to a guy (very helpful/friendly) who said my activation date was showing as the 21st and it wouldn't let him activate it there and then so there was nothing he could do.
How is it that there is such a disconnect in information between what this guy is seeing and what I'm being told (and sold) Is it really that difficult to tell the customer when their service will be activated?
I'm getting sick of plusnet before my service has even been activated, to the point that if it's not working tomorrow then I'm likely to cancel well within my rights due to lack of service and within my grace period.
Can anyone shed any light on why this has happened and give me an explanation and reason behind it?
4 REPLIES 4
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Let down yet again with no information and delays

Hi,
Are you migrating from another Fibre provider such as BT infinity?
If not you should be having an engineer install to change over your master socket and fit a modem.
This happened to me but was switching from BT infinity and my date was pushed back a week as their ordering system got it wrong.  It could be the same case?Huh
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
GeordieMark
Grafter

Should have been activated by now, I've tried to bring this to the attention of the twitter guys hopefully someone will see it and pick it up soon.
kaotix

No, fresh install. Router and modem in place, faceplate installed and all ready to go on the activation date given to me multiple times and confirmed multiple times to be told that they cannot activate it on the day as promised? Can't understand how they are able to give the customer different information to what their internal systems are actually telling them. I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks just for activation and nothing has been updated in this time...
Quite frustrating after waiting since June of last year without any internet at all.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for the delay in activating your account.
I can see its been activated now and Tony's called you regarding this as well
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team