Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lessons learnt.......not!

dsluk
Grafter

Lessons learnt.......not!

Hi,

I have had major issues with my fttc service, after months of blood sweat and tears with your frontline staff I eventually managed to get a complaint escalated to the complaints team. For nearly a year, your staff and ultimately myself were at the mercy of your suppliers. The incompetence encountered from BT Wholesale and Openreach was epic!

My MP, Openreach Parliamentary Liaison, Complaints staff and Complaints management at Plusnet were all involved in the complaint which descended into an utter farce courtesy of your suppliers. No amount of logic could be applied to the appalling treatment I received at the hands of your suppliers. Broken promises, delays, engineers not turning up, engineer advice ignored and follow up engineer visits insisted upon, escalations rejected, escalations failed, engineers attending to resolve issues leaving me disconnected despite closing fault as fixed.....I could go on! 

The end result was months of hell for me, fluctuating speeds and connection, broken promises, downright lies and at one point being told "If we push them (Wholesale/Openreach) too hard, they'll shut down on us" From the very start, engineers diagnosed a faulty port recommending a lift n shift to a new port. I was advised there were no spare ports. After more weeks of frustration I was advised a LUMS case should have been raised, this was raised twice and closed, on one of the jobs I was left with no connection and no phone by the transmission engineers sent out to resolve the LUMS case. 

During the whole time, the cabinet was accepting orders, so there were spare ports for new customers, but not for those with proven faults. My MP pushed really hard for a fix, his final communication was to demand a meeting at the cabinet with Openreach management, with the local press present, and for them to demonstrate that there were no spare ports by opening up the cabinet. Funnily enough, a few weeks after this request was made, I was moved onto a different port! My speeds stabilised instantly, my speed also increased. I was no longer getting noise on my phoneline and my broadband was no longer cutting off regularly. Make of that what you will! 

I was paid a substantial amount of compensation by Plusnet, roll on a few weeks and I come home to no connection. I call the escalations number to be met with the most disinterested, monotone member of staff to date. He insisted that he transfer me to faults, despite explaining the history, and the reason why I was given the direct number to escalation in the first place. The call did not end well and I ended up having to wait 40 minutes to report the fault. The staff member in faults was understanding of the situation and I ended up speaking to his manager who totally got what I was saying. He arranged for the fault to be raised as a priority and for the complaints team to be made aware of the situation. Yet again I have had to chase the complaints team, today I had to initiate contact twice as I received no update. I was advised it had been sent to your suppliers and escalated, your suppliers had promised to deal with it yesterday (5th August) As you have probably guessed by now, I am still without a connection, your suppliers appear to have forgotten what they promised, and I have had to chase updates.

It seems to me that despite a long running issue, and a substantial apology and compensation payment, Plusnet have learned nothing! Your suppliers are a disgrace, but then EVERYONE knows that anyway. It is your customers, and your reputation that suffer, Wholesale and Openreach carry on regardless and your staff appear to be frightened to push too hard incase they "shut down on them" Anyone would think you were dealing with the mafia! 

So, please, I do not wish to chase this constantly, nor do I wish to have another year or 2 of dodgy broadband. Please get this sorted without further delay. 

11 REPLIES 11
OldRaft
Grafter

Re: Lessons learnt.......not!

Good luck.............it took me twenty years to get my phone line fixed and for the crackling noise to go away.

dsluk
Grafter

Update - Had to call in and chase again this morning, promised call back......they sent a text and an email despite knowing that I have no mobile signal and no access to Internet at home! I only found out when I called in again to chase as the promised callback did not happen. The excuse now is that they have no update from yesterday, and the "exception" is now stuck on the Wholesale/Openreach side, so basically they have put it on hold until Monday 8th. I've been without internet and mobile phone signal since Wednesday, and it'll probably be Tuesday/Wednesday next week before they even get an engineer to fix it. I am utterly disgusted.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

i believe you are still within the accepted SLA for a residential line.
dsluk
Grafter

That may well be the case, but the date given for repair was the 5th, then the 6th and now no date as the next action is now not until Monday 8th. Ive had continual faults for over 2 years, so with all due respect, I really do not give a monkeys about any SLA's. 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

The fact that you have received differing lead times isn't great, so my apologies for this.

I believe that you have just spoke with a manager. We'll be updating the case further on today.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dsluk
Grafter

Thank you for acknowledging that MattyC, I have indeed spoken to the Escalations team who have always been very helpful. Unfortunately, BT Wholesale and Openreach are absolutely dire, it is those 2 parts of the BT Group that are letting everyone else down. I'm glad to say that a direct email to the CEO of both the BT Group and Openreach have been responded to and both are now both in active dialogue with staff in the Plusnet escalations team. The proposal is an engineer and their operations manager will attend to the issue tomorrow afternoon. 

I shall update in due course.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Two posts removed that added nothing to the discussion

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@dsluk - No problem. The person dealing with your case is one of the best in the building. Keep us posted.

dsluk
Grafter

HI,

So 3 Openreach engineers arrive, 1 is the local Manager. After much head scratching and checking things at the cabinet they call their control, turns out my Openreach profile is completely wrong, is a mess and requires rebuilt. This is done quickly. Upon rebuilding the profile at the Openreach side everything reconnects as normal. This could have been done last week within 5 minutes and did not require 3 engineers. The incompetence within Wholesale and Openreach never ceases to surprise me! 

Thanks, once again,  to Mr T and his colleagues within Plusnet escalations, I do not envy him having to deal with Wholesale/Openreach on a daily basis. This whole situation has given me a new insight into the workings of Plusnet, and just how much vented anger is directed towards Plusnet when I imagine most of the issues are caused by their incompetent suppliers. 

It is unfortunate that we can't speak directly to Wholesale or Openreach, I would love nothing more than to give them a piece of my mind.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Tony looks at these forums regularly so I'll pass your kind words on.

Glad we got there in the end.

dsluk
Grafter

Please do, he's taken a fair bit of flak from me over the last few months so he deserves a pat on the back!