cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy 55/10 to 40/10 - product change mistake?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Legacy 55/10 to 40/10 - product change mistake?

Fix

Hi all.

Apologies for the delayed update here, I've been on annual leave for the past 10 days.

@bill888

As you were previously on a 40/20 product and were moved off 55/10 due to re-contracting on our Unlimited Fibre package, we can restore you back onto a 55/10 profile.

Our products team have done the necessary on our side and I've replaced the 55/10 order with our suppliers now which should complete tomorrow.

I'm still a bit puzzled as to why I've been unfortunate to be hit twice with an unexpected speed downgrade, when I re-contracted in late 2016, and again last weekend.  But a friend who also has legacy 55/10 re-contracted last year, and again a fortnight ago hasn't suffered - their new billing cycle started a few days ago.  (My new billing started today btw).

Would you be able to send me a PM (Or ask them to) with their username or a ticket number?

I'd like to take a closer look and see if I can compare your account to theirs.

@jgb

Thanks getting in touch. Unfortunately our system has put through a modify order with our suppliers to change your speeds to 40/10. I think I've stopped this just in time now, as the package change is not due to complete until tomorrow.

Please let us know if you do experience any speed changes after tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Thank you @Gandalf Hopefully your intervention will keep me on the 55/10 product without further need to correct things.I can see today's closed question on my account re the modifying order.

Like @bill888 I was on the 40/20 product and was moved to the 55/10 product when you no longer supported the 40/20 option. Therefore, if the worst should happen, I assume that I would indeed be put back on to the correct 55/10 product.

The annoying thing is, like the last time this happened on re-contracting in 2016, I specifically contacted Plusnet this time to check that my speeds would not change. In fact I did so twice. Clearly the assurances were not accompanied by any actions or checks to ensure that I would not have my speeds changed.

I did note the provisioning order in a closed question that was put  on my account on the day I re-contracted but, stupidly or naively, I assumed that this would not be for the inferior product as I had been assured twice that I would stay on 55/10 and that the support staff knew what they were doing!

Thank you again , Gandalf. I do hope I do not need to be in touch!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems @jgb

Apologies for the experience you've had.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

@Gandalf , I'm pleased to report 55/10 profile was restored around 1am this morning.

Speed tests (via ethernet) were initially poor at first until I disconnected for a few minutes to force a change of IP address and gateway. 

Only minor issue is interleaving has been enabled since the drop to 40/10 profile last week, and this may be why I am not seeing full 55 Mb/s with current 6dB noise margin at the moment.  I'm happy to wait it out and let DLM to do its magic to hopefully remove interleaving some time in the next couple of weeks.

4plusnet-6thJune.jpg

Prior to change to 40/10 profile, the line was syncing at close to 55 Mb/s with slightly better noise margin with no interleaving.

4plusnet-23rdMay.jpg

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue for me.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear your speeds have increased!

Apologies for the unexpected side of effect of interleaving. Fingers crossed DLM removes it in due course.

Let me know if you ever need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet