Leaving Sky for PlusNet

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Leaving Sky for PlusNet

It's all dark wizardry if you ask me. Cheesy

Fingers crossed the transfer goes through without a hitch

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SportyMilo
Grafter

Well - after a few days without broadband I now am back in the land of the living!! Sooooo good to have Fibre back I can't tell you! I've mentioned Gandalf on another thread but wanted to say thanks for all the support on here, very much appreciated to everyone who's taken the time to reply to this thread.

Basically the error was down to a software issues at BT where the line was still trying to connect to Sky and Plusnet and it wouldn't allow it. The engineer did mention that there are quite a few people leaving Sky at the moment and facing the same issues so if anyone reads this (as  a new customer) and has trouble connecting this may be an issue.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thank you so much for the great feedback @SportyMilo.

I'm thrilled to hear that it's all up and running and that you were even able to get the cause from the Openreach engineer!

I've ensured that our manager receives word of @Gandalf's efforts as well as personally giving him a hearty pat on the back!

Please let us know here if you need any further assistance at all.

SportyMilo
Grafter

@OskarPapa yeah rightly so but don't hit @Gandalf on the back too hard or the Wizard may not be able to help anyone else!!!

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Don't worry, I don't think the Community would let me live if I injured him!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@SportyMilo wrote:

@OskarPapa yeah rightly so but don't hit @Gandalf on the back too hard or the Wizard may not be able to help anyone else!!!

The pat on the back came without warning, it was odd and things are now really awkward between myself and @OskarPapa It'll take many a beer to get over that. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet