cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency or capacity issues - Fareham

markhp
Dabbler

Latency or capacity issues - Fareham

I'm having problems with TuneIn or vTuner dropouts on internet radio at certain times of the day - invariably around 6.45-7.30am on a weekday.  Also at these times (and others) I can reach certain sites but not others - for example, I can reach Bing but not Google.  A friend of mine who is on the same cabinet as me (but whose ISP it BT) has similar problems at similar times of the day.  This has been going on for some weeks now, but the problem has got worse as it's happening more often.
I've checked some stats from my SamKnows box, here are some observations:
- BT Broadband availability checker says that I should have a high of 42.9 and a low of 32.4 on a clean line, or 36.8 and 20.5 on an impacted line.  I'm rarely achieving the lowest impacted speed.
- There are some spikes in UDP latency - as of 8am this morning, it's up at 33.43ms, at worst over the last week it's been at 34.43ms, and at best 27.86ms.
Would anyone be able to shed any light on what could be going on here?
Many thanks.
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Latency or capacity issues - Fareham

I've tested the line and I can the speeds are below the estimate.
It may be worth raising a fault using the link below to see if there's anything we can do.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team