Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues and lack of support

Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Latency issues and lack of support

Hi there,

For the past few days both me and my brother are experiencing the same issues, we are both customers of plusnet and have been for a few years. We live in the same town, and I'll link him this thread so that he may add to this.

We have very inconsistent latency when connecting to games, watching streams, downloading or uploading. It can be fine for hours through the day however for the majority of the time there is constant buffering issues such as when watching streams or videos on any given website, or game connectivity issues, downloads vary anywhere from 8mb/s to 25kb/s constantly and game connections that are usually flawless spike anywhere from 15ms to 8000ms.

What I mean by lack of support is this; I've tried ringing your 24/7 phone line which I appreciate has been busy, and gives an expected wait time of up to 30 minutes, however I've tried ringing four times in the past few days, each time waiting for way over an hour (even one time over two hours) and never did manage to get through, this is ridiculous. The only contact I have had was almost as if I was talking to a robot through your live chat who told me this issue will be brought to someone who can better handle it, however after three days I've not heard anything nor even had confirmation that this is the case.

I would appreciate a member of Plusnet staff getting back to me / us on this.

Thanks

Afran

4 REPLIES 4
zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Latency issues and lack of support

Ive lagged hard on NBA 16 all week too PS4

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

many customers think plusnet do not know how to fix current issues because they also fail to update us on what going on.

oldjack
Grafter

All the pointers I've seen highlight the "NEW" network. I believe that this may be an existing INFONET/BT system which seems to be loaded with problems. There may not be a cure. I requested returning to original network to no avail. I'm now waiting for the latest move in the game ....a visit from OR engineer.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

either way they have to fix it its their duty! Otherwise i see alot of complaints going in