cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large difference between Attainable Rate and Actual Rate. IP Profile stuck ?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Large difference between Attainable Rate and Actual Rate. IP Profile stuck ?

That's all been sorted for you @milvusmilvus

I've just updated the ticket with the relevant information surround the appointment. Hope all goes well on the day, feel free to reach out if you need anything afterwards.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
milvusmilvus
Dabbler

Re: Large difference between Attainable Rate and Actual Rate. IP Profile stuck ?

Hi Adam,
The Engineer came round this afternoon, excellent helpful guy.
Line failed on High Resistance check so a couple of them headed down the road and found an old poor connection which they remade.
Passed the test and SNR is currently 8dB. Speed currently 22.3, i'll see how it settles.

Thanks for your help, very impressed with Plusnet customer service on this forum and also the liason with Open Reach.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello, thanks for getting back to us @milvusmilvus

I'm glad to see the engineer's efforts fixed a high resistance fault. Based on the speed you've given, I suspect there's banding on your line again, which doesn't look to have been removed following the engineer completing the job.

I've given it a nudge in the right direction by arranging your line to be reset, which should be within 3 working days. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
milvusmilvus
Dabbler

Looks like the banding has been removed, the line is doing learning resets every few hours now. SNR is at 6dB as well.

Screenshot (147).png

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @milvusmilvus, thanks for getting back to us. I am pleased the banding has been lifted.

There was quite a few drops over the course of yesterday so may be worth monitoring things over today and if the drops persist, we can look to amend your profile from standard to stable, which will try to help and improve stability.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team