cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy Connection Speeds

nigel1971
Grafter

Laggy Connection Speeds

My connection is not upto scratch the past few days and been watching it lately, dropouts not an issue but it's getting slower to load websites and laggy speeds, even the upload & download speeds have dropped to. Not long ago i was in the 60mb range when i should be around 73-74meg & up0load should be 18-19mb
Current speed test on BT wholesale site
Down 72mb
Up 8.55mb
There was a guy messing in the cabinet not long ago where i am and something seems to have slowed me up a bit, should i get some tests and checks done? PS: i'm on a wired connection.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Laggy Connection Speeds

The download speed on your latest speed test looks absolutely fine, no issues there at all. The upload is a little lower than I'd expect though.
Do the slowdowns happen at certain times of the day, or are they random at any time?
Even if the speed does drop to 60Mb, that shouldn't cause slow websites or laggy browsing at all. If these symptoms continue I'd suggest going through the faults troubleshooter at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nigel1971
Grafter

Re: Laggy Connection Speeds

The lagg and slowness been pretty constant  just lately but when speed is normal it's very stable through the day. I have had intermittent issues but nothing major since this is the worst now since june.