cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes

nacktarn
Hooked

Lag spikes

Hi, my 76mb fibre broadband every 10 minutes or something has some lag spikes which you can feel while playing (teleports of player's characters on shooters or "rollbacks") or even browsing web when nothing is loading at all. Except these situations the broadband is working at good speed (i think)

I appreciate for any assist which is annoying especially while playing some online team based games

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Lag spikes

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any issues for this.

Is this over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nacktarn
Hooked

Well so the thing is the broadband is working at 100% speed BUT every 10 minutes or there is a total freeze. Its like when you play shooter game no one is moving, if you play MOBA game and you are in the middle of action and this lag appears - you will die. If you want to browser pages, you cant. nothing is loading. This freeze lags last like 10 seconds or smth and then everything is going back to normal

It happens all the time since 1-2 months on all devices. I got a lot of devices connected to router like phones, tablets, two desktop PCs, consoles etc.

steveocee
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

If it’s happening on all devices then it could just be a congested wireless channel. Try logging in to your router and changing to either 1,6 or 11 and see if things get any better.

The 2.4Ghz channel is very populated these days and worse if you are in a built up area, people try to be clever by using 40Mhz widths and “non standard”channels but this often makes it worse.

www.steveocee.co.uk