cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag Spiking horribly for online gaming on Fibre Unlimited

Superleomessi10

Lag Spiking horribly for online gaming on Fibre Unlimited

I have Unlimited Fibre had it for about 7yrs just re-contracted this week and gone from the technicolor & modem to the Hub one. Always got around 38mbps down with 6.7 up and 11ms-18ms ping, I was told by the "technical support" to fiddle with the router settings - channels etc, wired vs wireless, 2.4ghz vs 5ghz etc it's "trial & error". Frankly, that's a cop out - I've done all of these things. It doesn't change the fact the service deteriorated a month or two ago. Even on wired It has gone up to 75ms ping but most importantly it lag spikes like crazy - to the point your character on the game (be it Fifa and many others) end up doing a jittery hallucinogenic moonwalk. The speedtests eg on speedtest.net also have  stability lines that look like a mountain range, much higher jitter and packet loss which never used to be the case - this is tested on wireless & wired too. This is getting so unbearable AngryAngryAngry

2 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Lag Spiking horribly for online gaming on Fibre Unlimited

Do You know which Gateway you are on ?? http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/

its possible that you have a full gateway Roll eyes you need to do a soft reboot via the routers web page , hopefully the reboot will put you on a less ful gateway Thumbs Up PS i find the BNG gateways awefull for gaming Lips are sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Lag Spiking horribly for online gaming on Fibre Unlimited

Rather than rebooting, login to the hub one and click disconnect wait 30 seconds than click connect.

I've only ever been given bng gateways, which really don't effect my gaming and get really low pings (around 7ms)

I thought gateways that are slow only effected speed (did on my parents fttc) and not pings as much?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs Up