Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL@ Welcome to faster upload speeds for Unlimited Fibre

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: 5 days and no response to a fault report

Moderator's note:

Topics merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ukguy1, thank you for completing the wired speed test, I'm sorry this has made no improvements. 

I have provided an update on the fault ticket, you can view this here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180835158

If you could please let us know once you have responded and we will get this picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@ukguy1 to update you on the formwize I sent off to Openreach to query providing you with faster speeds, we've been advised that there are no plans to move you to a closer fibre cabinet, however there are plans to provide you with FTTP (Fibre To The Premises). Checking your address at www.dslchecker.bt.com shows that FTTP is available to order. 

Unfortunately this isn't something we can provide you with as we recently closed our FTTP trial for new applicants.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for checking that out and reporting back, much appreciated. Yeah we're a mile from the nearest box.

That must have been what they were doing when contractors dug the road up 3 years ago and left quite big plastic cables sticking out the ground for 2 years near a concrete underground box, they disappeared last year.

That also explains why they are quoting that 95% of Rutland people have superfast 24mb or more (paid for with grants).

I checked the extortionate prices BT want to provide this service. It seems so unfair that we would have to pay that to get more than 0.5mb upload and be part of the 95%, when others get up to 38mb on a normal £23/m! They should offer it at a reduced rate to those who can't get superfast esp as grants paid for it in the first place (taxpayers).

Thanks for confirming though, good to know and I'll keep in the know and watch where this leads!

PN have corrected last weeks fault after 7 days of waiting for a response, we're now back up to 17mb on the downloads so that's at least the fastest we can get.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. WBC FTTP is actually showing as available to order from a service provider's perspective so this indicates that all the external work is in place for an installation. While it'd be sad to see you go because we're no longer placing any new FTTP orders, there are more providers than BT offering FTTP on the Openreach network.

Let us know if you need any further assistance with your current service.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@ukguy1

While you have to live in hope that PlusNet offer a FTTP service in the near future there are other options apart from FT - though they are few in number.

Zen Internet appear to be the best (about £45pm for up to 38 excluding offers).

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-...

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@ukguy1

I checked the extortionate prices BT want to provide this service. It seems so unfair that we would have to pay that to get more than 0.5mb upload and be part of the 95%, when others get up to 38mb on a normal £23/m! They should offer it at a reduced rate to those who can't get superfast esp as grants paid for it in the first place (taxpayers).

I appreciate it's still way more than the typical FTTC pricing, but IDNET will do 80/20 Unlimited FTTP for £38/month with no requirement for a phone line. If you really need a landline number then you could port your existing one to a voip provider.

https://www.idnet.net/data_products/broadband_prices.php

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Thanks everyone, there's some great info here. I'll definitely check out the options mentioned, especially the VOIP for the phone line. We currently pay PN about £32/m for line + fibre, so something like IDNET + voip for the number could be better value looking at the speeds available!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@ukguy1 shout up if you need any more info on Voip

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Hi just to update on this, we never got any further as various providers no longer show fttp or anything faster than 0.5 up 29 down as available on our number.
We know the cable is there and capable of up to 300 but it’s not available to order.

The 0.5 uploads is causing issues with smart home security and hinders being able to use a ring doorbell or any other camera system in rural areas like this.

In the meantime plusnet flog contracts at £10 a month cheaper to new customers!

15 years of 0.5 uploads and never has there been any improvement.. it’s starting to cause issues now!

So we are watching and waiting!

Lol @ bt’s Press release “95% of this area have superfast” - cookoo land
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update.

It's odd, the Openreach fibre enquiries team have confirmed that FTTP is available for you. It looks like the fact it's not showing via your telephone number may simply be a records issue. From your address it is showing as available.

It's possible that the providers you're going to aren't checking your actual address. I've emailed the fibre team again asking that the records of your telephone number to be updated and I'll update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@ukguy1 

As it appears to be a records issue I would start looking at all the ISP's who offer FTTP as the problem will be solved in due course.

If you see an ISP with a package you like give them a phone. They might be able to place an order using your address or be willing to help chase up OR.

Brian

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

@bmc @Gandalf thanks both of you, really appreciate your help! 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all.  Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ukguy1, looks like records have updated and WBC FTTP is showing as available for your landline telephone number. If you need any further assistance at all, please feel free to let us know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet