cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing internet

kyla
Hooked

Keep losing internet

I've had the occasional drop out of internet but this weekend it's been frequent. The router keeps flashing red, I reset it, set everything up again and then it drops. I've tried factory reset which worked for a while the first time but now doesn't. The phone line is 18 months old installed via Plusnet. Not sure what else to try. Any ideas? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
kyla
Hooked

Re: Keep losing internet

Now I have an orange light with a lit up 'b' under it if that helps.

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@kyla 

Hi - First check it's not your phone line causing issues  -  because if thats having problems so will your b/band

following lifted from another post 

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone if you have one plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. The line should be completely silent.  A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of your broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @kyla 

I'm sorry for the issues you're having with your connection.

Line tests aren't showing the cause for this, so I'd recommend going through some troubleshooting steps by plugging your router into what's known as the test socket explained Here and if you're still having issues, I'd head on across to faults.plus.net to report a fault to us as we'll likely need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet