cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting asked to authenticate.

heatheralden
Hooked

Keep getting asked to authenticate.

Hello, Everyday at a random time my connection will drop and I will be asked to authenticate as if it keeps forgetting I am already signed up, I have tried contacting customer service 2 times already and they ask me to do the same thing each time and it still continues to drop over and over and I have no idea how to stop it. I have reset it with a pin, the dial tone on my phone is perfectly fine, all the wires are fine undamaged and wired up correctly, and the router itself is wired directly to the master single socket. I really see nothing on my end that could be causing this problem to keep on occurring, was hoping there is a fix for this as it really is frustrating since I have not had one day without disconnecting since I've had this router. thanks.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Keep getting asked to authenticate.

Hi @heatheralden 

We've found a potential line fault. I've raised this with our suppliers to investigate within the next 1-3 working days. 

Take a look at this ticket to see the information. 

Kind Regards 

heatheralden
Hooked

Just to mention yesterday a technician came to have a look at any potential causes from my end and found nothing, replaced a few panels but the phone line and wiring and everything is fine and his tests with some device he used said everything is ok, and the internet didn't cut out for around 20 hours then it started over again.

Waz
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for pointing this out.

I am glad that we were able to rectify the issue over the phone earlier today. A question has been raised on your account which can be found here. The issue you were experiencing was an authentication problem as the details entered in the router were incorrect.

If we can be of any further assistance. Please don't hesitate to contact us again.

heatheralden
Hooked

Hello again,

i'm sorry, but this authentication problem has started happening again out of the blue, I hadn't changed the password or anything and i'm 100% sure the right password is on the settings, however it just keeps happening. I put the right password in and it connects then after a few minutes it will do the same again. i'm unsure why it randomly started happening again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @heatheralden

From what I can see your connection is frequently dropping so there'd be an underlying issue somewhere.

Line tests are showing a potential fault so I've reported this through to our suppliers. Let us know how it goes over the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
heatheralden
Hooked

Is there nothing I can do right now to fix or make the issue any better?, since I have a lot of things to do that require a stable connection, I've had a lot of problems since I have had this internet and I know it's not your fault but it's getting very repetitive. if there's anything I can do please let me know, thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm afraid we don't have much control over fibre connections, we'd need to wait until this is investigated by an engineer.

Sorry for the problems you're experiencing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
heatheralden
Hooked

Hello once again,

Problems are back and I'm being rapidly disconnected, the password is correct and etc it was fine for a few days, only disconnected a little bit after the second repair man came from BT but earlier today I've started Disconnecting what seems like every 5-10minutes like before... at this point I have no idea what is causing it or why it randomly starts happening like this. Indoor and outdoor wiring has been checked, panels have been changed, connection and line tests were done by both BT both technicians were saying it's fine before they left but then it happens again a week or so later.. The last BT technician said there's nothing else he could possibly do so if it goes down again it has to be on the other end, not ours and said we should ask for a new router since that's the only thing he could think of if it isn't an external problem.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @heatheralden, thanks for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing, and I will look into this now and will provide an update via the account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team