cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Getting Restricted Internet (Keep having to phone up every 3-4 days)

Oliverrodney

Keep Getting Restricted Internet (Keep having to phone up every 3-4 days)

I don't know what's been going on the past few months, but I keep having to phone Plusnet up to ask them to unrestrict it, and everything seems fine for a few days, and then websites slowly become unable to load, and now I'm unable to log into certain website login pages again... The internet is slow, the download speed is slow and I can barely load youtube videos, and I'm on a fibre subscription, and it feels like I'm on some basic office wifi net.

This keeps happening all the time. Is there a way to fix this? This seems to have happened ever since they had technical problems with their billing, and they tried charging me twice for one months billing leaving my card stuck on pending, meaning I had to change bank details. 

1 REPLY 1
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Keep Getting Restricted Internet (Keep having to phone up every 3-4 days)

Hi there @Oliverrodney,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about your experience thus far.

In terms of the restrictions applying, is this happening often or only when a payment is due?

I've also tested your line today and I can see that it's connecting at 40Mbps and you're using on average of about 30-40Gb per day, therefore we'd consider there to be no fault with the service.

If you're having problems with devices on wireless connections being slow, it may be worth taking a look at our wireless troubleshooting guides here.