Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering how

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Just wondering how

Wonder if the cab has had vectoring enabled. Mine was done a few weeks ago.

See

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/BT-Business-Hub-Strange-SNR-behaviour/m-p/1471848

for the detail. If yours was done at about the same time, that could explain the speed increase.

bluewhale
Rising Star

hmm will be interesting to see if the problem comes back if you drop back onto the 3db profile

i'm still suffering, a fair amount of the time it seems to go down when no even 'in use' like the middle of the night, although not sure what the youview box might be upto then 

wish i could take the £65 gamble on getting an engineer out

ayrshire2001
Grafter

Well I can confirm that all that I have done has not fixed the issue.  My router is still randomly disconnecting. Any further ideas?

I seem to remember reading that BT Hub 5A routers were prone to disconnecting.  Can't remember why though.  I believe the Pusnet Hub 1 is a BT Hub 5A.  Could this be the same issue?

bluewhale
Rising Star

i'm still in the same/similar situation with about 1 drop a day, weirdly afterwards the snr stabilises

i've been using routerstats http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/RouterStatsHub/routerstatshub.htm

to watch what the snr has been doing, i can see it gradually degrade then disconnect then all goes to normal for about a day

doesn;t seem to be any obvious timing etc

in the end i got the engineer out, who saw it drop whilst he was testing, but found nothing at the house to the pole bit which all he does

it was supposed to be escalated, but i've had nothing from plusnet since which is frustrating, especially after the poor attitude over the £65

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

About 1 drop per day would not generally be considered a fault.

bluewhale
Rising Star

About 1 drop per day would not generally be considered a fault.

well nor true and as we are on IPTV, but unlike other providers we aren't given access to catchup, this means we don;t have a proper iptv service doesn't it

in any case plusnet were considering a fault

ayrshire2001
Grafter

I don't get how 1 drop out a day can be considered normal?  Your paying for a reliable service and, even 1 drop out a day, isn't that.  I find my drop outs happen at random times and I am them as it's happening when I am doing something, so have a few minutes to wait till the router reconnects.

With regards to my previous post could this be the previously mentioned issue with the BT Hub 5 A dropping out on certain exhanges?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@ayrshire2001 wrote:

With regards to my previous post could this be the previously mentioned issue with the BT Hub 5 A dropping out on certain exhanges?

"The" issue tends to be so vague that anyone with a problem and who is using a HH 5A get lumped together as having "the" problem. The only way to know would be to try a different modem/router, you could either get yourself one, or see how much time and effort it takes (and how many more Plusnet Hub Ones they'll send) for Plusnet to supply you something different.

bluewhale
Rising Star

for Plusnet to supply you something different

i wonder if plusnet are thinking about a rebadged hh6 yet? i'd be happy to trial one to see if it fixed the issue

to be honest starting to get a little worried about plusnet, had my ticket incorrectly marked as fixed today and misleading comments made to my partner over the phone

i've been with plusnet a long time and on the whole found them to be very good, maybe just being unlucky and i do understand that they as are most of us in the UK under the cosh of openreach...