Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved from BT and lost 10M

FIXED
steveacp

Just moved from BT and lost 10M

Hi guys

I moved from BT to plusnet on 23rd Oct

I was on holiday, so I arranged for neighbour to switch routers, as I stream from my home setup.

Plusnet router killed phone line when plugged in. This was left for 5 days until I came back.

It was a faulty cable, connecting the plus net router to the old BT cable cured the problem

BUT

my speed now is reduced. I am measuring speed using OOKLA on apple TV 4K into GIGAbit ethernet port on the plus net router.

Speeds with BT were typically ping 9, 65M down, 13.5 up. speed with plus net ... ping 9 - 55M down, 12.5 up.

I reconfigured old BT router for plus net, and got same results

BT sync was just over 71.

I was thinking maybe the faulty cable pushed the speed down. 

Can we try a profile that forces higher speed please. 

Nothing else has changed, everything is in the same place, plugged into openreach mk 3 master socket, no extensions.

Thanks

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just moved from BT and lost 10M

Fix

Hi there! 

I've just checked your account and unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to push anything through that will bring the speeds back to what you'd expect but the process of DLM (automated/dynamic line management) should correct that over the course of the next few days. 

Do let us know if not so we can take another look. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveacp

Thanks Adam, I’ll check again this weekend and let you know.

Steve

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Thread moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
steveacp

Nothing much happened for first 2 weeks, now speed has gradually increased to 68 down, 13 up, which is as good as it has ever been.

Thanks, Panic over!

Steve

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @adamwalker as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

fwdlink
Dabbler

Same for me, I'm 12 days and going with quite poor speed, I was 80/20 and now 73/19.  I posted yesterday with my stats and what has happened thus far.  For me the DLM has taken no action on my line since the transfer, it's running free and wild and one post mentioned that as I'm FastPath at the moment could also result in speed loss.  I'm waiting and hoping it improves soon as I've lost over 10meg in effective speed now was 77-78 now 65-67 using speedtest.net

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.