cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just lost internet connection - advice please

MylesHSG

Just lost internet connection - advice please

Hello,

Using a BT HH6 if that makes a difference. Internet has been working fine all day so far. My partner logged on to start work (from home) and said "it's a little slow". I had a full HD stream on in the front room so turned that off, but didn't make a difference. So went to reset the router and now no internet. BT HH6 is throwing up a "NC3-1" error code. Any advice?
2 REPLIES 2
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Just lost internet connection - advice please

@MylesHSG 

Presume you have done the usual checks, check tone at master socket etc. From another forum this error code may mean a crossed line if Openreach has been working on cabinet or exchange. Poster in this case was advised to ring home from mobile to see if his phone number has changed, and it had! Needed engineer visit I'm afraid so I suggest you call Plusnet if you can't find the obvious causes. Good luck.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Just lost internet connection - advice please

@MylesHSG 

You can check to see if your phone number is correct by dialling 17070 and listening to the service number quoted. The quiet line test available as an option will also reveal any noise on the line which can cause issues. If it turns out to be a crossed line keep an eye on your bills to make sure you are not paying for someone else's calls.