cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just installed although had to be ring to be activated.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Just installed although had to be ring to be activated.

Hi @jdigzlol7,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your services and that they are prompting you to switch to another provider. In all honesty, at this stage I believe that it would be in our best interest to focus our attentions on the drops in connection.

As you've stated that these drops are manual, I would ask that you please not reboot the router or power it down so that the connection can remain stable and up and running for an extended period of time as frequent drops in connection are almost always the biggest cause of speed issues, which may be the reason that you are experiencing the issues that you're experiencing.

Please let us know how this goes and if you notice any improvement or not.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jdigzlol7
Dabbler

The router will be left alone. There is more than 2 weeks for the switchover if it comes to that so thats plenty of time for you to gather data or do whatever you want to do to fix the line before to moving to another ISP.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for that. Please keep an eye on your connection over the next 48 hours and let us know whether or not the performance improves when the router is not being turned off intermittently.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@jdigzlol7

Please could you run a ThinkBroadBand Quality Monitor test here and post up the graph when the issue next occurs?

Make sure you're doing this over a wired connection.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@jdigzlol7 Who was your previous ISP?  If it was BT, it's likely that your line was stable enough for the DLM to have adjusted them to the faster line settings, hence you seeing good speeds and latency.

When you migrated to us, this is reset by default and you need your line to retrain back to this level.  I suspect your reboots might be preventing this. 

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
jdigzlol7
Dabbler

AAISP.

The other line in the house is UNO/Xilo. There is no issue with the line.

It started off with the latency being a problem. It's been untouched since i posted and is till the same latency.

TBB Graph is going to show nothing useful. The baseline latency is the problem plus because the connection isn't being used (Due to the latency issue) There is nothing for the TBB monitor to ping on the router and i'm not setting up a computer just for this reason. This Latency increase lies baseline from the first handover from BT/Plusnet it's not a peering or routing issue.

Switchover date been confirmed for the 5th of July so you still have 10 working days to fix the issue.

Kelly
Hero

Do you know if your AAISP line was using BTWholesale infrastructure or Talktalk's?   If it was Talktalks infrastructure, that would likely explain the difference.

Either way, I'm not sure we are going to resolve this to your satisfaction.  The traceroutes you've shown have a good latency (25-30ms is perfectly acceptable).   For the latency to improve further, we'd need faster line profile attributes being applied.  This will happen if your line is left to stabilise for a while without significant errors or interface.  

Are you actually seeing impact above the higher baseline?  i.e. large lag spikes/stalls/stutters or disconnections?

Kelly Dorset
jdigzlol7
Dabbler

It was over the BT side.

Am I really being asked to explain if this is affecting me again. 25-30 ms to LONDON means 50ms+ in EUWest WHERE MOST GAMESERVERS ARE LOCATED and even higher to EU NORTH.

in 2018 this is a problem it affects plenty even VOIP. The only problem it doesnt have is packetloss or spikes. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN THE BASELINE IS ALREADY HIGHER THAN IT SHOULD BE.

I suggest you go by your company motto and do customers proud.

Kelly
Hero

In which case, we need to leave your line to gather some data and allow the DLM to update to the faster profiles if it's stable enough.  If it was stable enough before to support them, it should again, but it takes a bit of time for the systems to make that decision.

We might see something in that data that suggest something else needs looking at, but we don't have much to look at yet.

Kelly Dorset
jdigzlol7
Dabbler

@Kelly

Like stated in previous post's I feel that 10 Working Days of the line being left alone is ample time for you to do whatever tests you need to run.

I look forward to your response in 10 Working days as to why the latency isn't dropping although the line is perfect has no noise and has plenty of headroom for more throughput.

It's quite obvious what has happened with the line in regards to DLM. Initially the line had latency added which DLM then removed within 24hrs. Then you changed the SVLAN and didn't perform a DLM reset afterwards to then reset the retrain peroid Of which by now it most likely would have dropped back to 15ms 24Hrs later. But as you flat out refuse to do a DLM reset whatever seems to be adding the latency on is simply stuck and you'd rather make excuses and ask me to wait yet more days.

This is the equivelent of a engineer fixing a line fault which the speed was lowered by DLM and not resetting the DLM before leaving after the fault was fixed.

Now I've stated my intentions here with regards to migrating if not fixed within ample time as the line is not fit for my purpose.

Can you provide some sort of elevated complaints contact number i can follow to make sure you don't try to punish me with some sort of  heavy exit fee? (If obviously it comes to that.)

Main thing to notice here is all you had to do after the SVLAN change was have the DLM reset remotely and i would have happily left the modem untouched and in an ideal world that should have reduced my latency back to what it was originally but after numerous attempts of requesting on this forum and by telephone(Many hours of my life wasted) You still and other staff first of all lie about being able to do so then go on to say you won't do it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jdigzlol7 

I understand where you are coming from in regards to the points you have made above, however I would just like to dd to Kelly's previous reply.

I'd just like to point out that i'm afraid that we can not request any form of DLM resets if a line is not indeed banded & we would be unable to waive termination fees due to latency as this not classed as a fault. 

in regards to a "elevated complaints contact number" - you can find out Complaints Code Of Practice here

Thank you 

jdigzlol7
Dabbler

@MasterOfReality

As I've stated in my reply to Kelly you fixed a 'Hot SVLAN' fault aka the speeds were extremely poor by moving the SVLAN after the original DLM peroid had passed you should have reset the DLM. This is not my problem this is a Plusnet issue.

However way you want to phrase it you have put me the Customer at an inconvenience. I've spoke to plenty of your Telephone operators and spent a fair bit of my time posting back here. Now the replies i've recieved have never been as straight as the one you have just given. If your agents were atleast trained to be able to answer the question from that start or provide a more relevant answer than i have given I would have spent less time on this.

I've given you notice in 14 days of service which has been poor first of all with the fault of speed not being there the fault then being fixed and not cleared the way it should have been.

The fact is you created this problem and now you are trying to make excuses and deflect from the real issue at the core.

I'll be contacting the CEO regarding this issue and the way it has been handled and to previously reiterate you have 10 Working days to make whatever changes you need to the line for it to perform how it should.

I'd love to say its been a pleasure but in all honesty it's just been a nightmare from start to finish.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @jdigzlol7, I understand a colleague has taken ownership of this matter via the ticket on your account to monitor this moving forward here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=176664289

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet