cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just entered fibre limbo

Teuchter
Hooked

Just entered fibre limbo

Got the email today (via adsl) about now being on fibre but no sign of a speed increase.

Customer service said they had "changed the speed in your profile" but from reading other postings I see that some delay is customary between the email and Openreach actually changing the connection. Does anybody have any idea how long the delay is?

5 REPLIES 5
supernoodles
Grafter

Re: Just entered fibre limbo

From what i have read recently it can take anything up until midnight the day of switching or sometimes you have to power cycle your router Smiley

Teuchter
Hooked

Thanks for that: I've rebooted the router a few times with no joy. I will see what midnight brings.

Teuchter
Hooked

Still no fibre today, despite billing starting yesterday and despite Customer Services 'updating my profile'. Am I in the right forum for somebody to take a look at my account and see when Openrech will wander down to the green box and change some jumpers?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I do apologise for any confusion caused by the account switching over to fibre and the information you've been given up to this point.

As I believe you've mentioned in another thread, after finding the information yourself on the DSLchecker, your order unfortunately isn't actually due to complete until 01/08/16 any time up until midnight on that day.

I'll pass feedback on regarding the advisor you spoke to.

If you're still not seeing the fibre speeds on/after 01/08/16, please do let us know and we'll look in to that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Teuchter
Hooked

Thank you for the confirmation, Harry. Roll on the 1st 🙂