cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the Plusnet tribe

JHewess
Grafter

Joining the Plusnet tribe

I just wanted to pop on and say Hi to everyone.
Am getting my fibre installed on Friday (12th), and I'm a tad excited to say the least! If one of the Plusnet staff would be kind enough to double check and confirm my appointment I'd be most grateful.  Smiley
I'm an ex Be -> Sky customer (hence the move here). Each time I've moved I've taken a speed hit. Initially I lived in a flat opposite the exchange, and could get the full 26Mbps (was with Bulldog in those days). Then, moved and received around 10. Moved again and currently I'm lucky if I get 6Mbps, hence my childlike fibre excitement!  Cheesy
I've been following the install of my fibre cabinet with great interest. It was initially ruled as being uneconomical by BT / OR, but thankfully it was recently incorporated into the BDUK / local County Council's upgrade plans. The cabinet was installed at the end of October, and went live a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised by the swift activation.
Anyways, enough of my prattling on. I'll let you all go and read something else that's far more interesting!
Laters.
36 REPLIES 36
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Joining the Plusnet tribe

Welcome to PN & this really useful forum. Hope that all goes well on Friday. I'm sure that we'll soon hear if it doesn't!!  Wink Roll_eyes
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there and welcome aboard!
I've checked our suppliers systems and I can confirm that the appointment is booked in for the 12th between 8am and 1pm.
Your router was dispatched a couple of weeks back so you should have that by now.
If you have any further questions or issues feel free to let us know.
EDIT
Actually it looks like there might be a underlying issue with your cabinet that might stop him going out. We should have further updates on Wednesday regarding that
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JHewess
Grafter

Thanks tijara, and yes, I'm sure you will too.  Tongue
Thanks for the update Matthew, if you could please keep me posted re the cabinet thst'd be great. I don't suppose you're able to elaborate? Thanks again.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes I'll keep tabs on it for you.
I'm not in on Thursday but I'll get someone to chase it if needs be
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

welcome & hello JHewess  Cheesy
JHewess
Grafter

Matthew / Chris, any updates on this yet?
Thanks,
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good news - We have a update
Bad news - It isn't the one we wanted to give you. The issue is still the routing and planning team and a escalation has been raised to get this chased up.
We should have a further update tomorrow. I won't be in but I'll make sure someone else from the team picks it up.
I dont think the 12th will go ahead to be honest but we'll try our best to get this sorted.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JHewess
Grafter

Thanks for the update Matthew. Perhaps my surprise at the cabinet being activated so quickly was well founded. Although I'd like to think that the availability checker should have reflected this.
The real downside for me is that the 12th is the only day I have off for the rest of the year (unless the engineers can do a weekend), and I booked it off especially for this. It looks like I'm going to be in for a long wait. If you could impress (ie shout a bit) this upon openreach and stress the urgency it would be appreciated. While you're at it could you also asked them why the appointment was initially confirmed, when there is clearly an issue. I can't understand why the routing team needs to be involved anyhow, its not like I havent already got a working phone line, and the cabinet is accepting orders.
Thanks again, I look forward to hearing the results of your 'impressing'.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks for the update. I haven't got very far on this I'm afraid, but we are still chasing for you. As soon as we get any news, we'll let you know.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JHewess
Grafter

OK thanks Tony. I look forward to your news, the sooner the better obviously.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's not good news I'm afraid.
The engineer won't be coming tomorrow. We've been told to review the case again on the 22nd. I've also asked them to continue to chase for me. Chris has taken a personal on this as well so he will continue to chase from our end.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JHewess
Grafter

Ok, thanks Tony. Do you / they have any idea what the hold up actually is? It's not like they haven't had time to look into it, I placed the order nearly a month ago.
JHewess
Grafter

Hi Tony / Chris / Matthew. I've received an email today to say that an appointment has been booked for the 6th Jan PM, but the ticket 95894429 that was opened hasn't been updated, nor this post for that matter. Could this appointment please be checked and confirmed before I go trying to take any more time off work? 
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there.
I've contacted our suppliers and they've advised that the appointment is booked in for the 6th of January.
Is this convenient for you?
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team