cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been 11 days and I still don't have broadband

FIXED
SBentley

It's been 11 days and I still don't have broadband

Has anyone else had to wait a seriously long time for their broadband to be activated? Currently in some kind of 'bridge case' which will take 5 working days. Anyone else experienced this?

The whole issue has become completely exasperating, and I am beginning to wonder if it will ever be resolved.
5 REPLIES 5
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: It's been 11 days and I still don't have broadband

Good Afternoon, 

In most cases it takes around 2 weeks to get service active, if we are taking over an existing line this is the notice period we must provide your old provider with. If a new installation, generally engineers are available 1-2 weeks away.

A bridge case is something out of the ordinary for most orders however, a bridge case is a task raised via BT Wholesale or Openreach in relation so system incidents, these can range from issues with progression of a single order through one system, or full IT outages, this system covers all bases.

Tasks related to single order issues, which this will initially be raised as, have a 5 working day lead time, this is set by our suppliers and not something we can bring forward as that's the SLA we have set, however this doesn't mean it will take all that time, depending on the exact issue and resourcing at their side, this may be resolved earlier.

If you don't mind sending me a message with your Plusnet username I can take a further look into matters.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Fix

Hi there, 

I've managed to locate your account and chased the issue with BT Wholesale who the problem was with, this has been corrected and you should be able to get online immediately.

SBentley

I would like to sincerely thank you for resolving this issue, I felt like I was going round in circles, but now as you said I can finally get online. Thank you
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to Darkfire for his solution in message #3

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

hursty
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

your one of the lucky ones

i had to wait 2 months to get mine sorted

cancelled orders, orders put on incorrect, an absolute joke