Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Fibre Broadband

kenkaid
Hooked

Issues with Fibre Broadband

Good Afternoon -

ive got an issue with the consistency of the fibre broadband we are using, the house has 3 floors, and the router is on the middle floor (not on the ground floor) so the signal can reach both below and above as its quite a tall house.

the download speed we get seems to be quite inconsistent and have regular cutout periods, this is quite concerning and wanted to see can someone in your team assist me to ensure im getting the best from the package which shouldn't be doing this and shouldn't have cutouts.

3 people tend to use the connection frequently, consisting of online gaming, video streaming services and general browsing.

can someone assist me with this on these forums to get this resolved.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
kenkaid
Hooked

Re: Issues with Fibre Broadband

The BT Test Says 20.1mbps

Acceptable range for connection 40-45mbps

Upload speed 8mbps

upstream rate ip for connection 20mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault

kenkaid
Hooked

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @kenkaid, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see the disconnections from this end and speeds below your estimates. We will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, please click here and let us know once you've done the checks and raised the fault so we can progress it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
kenkaid
Hooked

Hi there we have conducted the steps below and still seems to be an issue, I would recommend registering this as a fault and see if something can be done RE this.

kind regards

Oliver

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @kenkaid 

Could you report a fault to us using the link my colleague has provided? It's http://faults.plus.net This will allow us to pass the fault to our suppliers and potentially arrange an engineer visit with yourself to investigate further.

Feel free to post back once you've done so and we'll be happy to get the fault ticket picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenkaid
Hooked

All done and registered with the faults team.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for raising the fault Oliver,

I've picked this up and I've added a reply onto the fault ticket you'd be able to view and respond to by going Here.

If you can post back once you've responded, we'll be happy to pick this back up again as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenkaid
Hooked

Replyed and accepted the conditions

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Oliver,

I've added a reply for you now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet