cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Borrowash derby area (Willowcroft Exchange) slow, dropped connections- router blue light?

RichardA
Grafter

Issues in Borrowash derby area (Willowcroft Exchange) slow, dropped connections- router blue light?

Has anyone else in this area having issue with broadband connection/speeds???

Started last night, Various devices not getting/losing connections, wifi and ethernet, or really slow so as to drop web pages etc, not load xbox live etc, Echos loosing wifi connections.

Router light blue and reporting connected to internet, have restarted router many times and powered off/on, refreshed wifi connections and unplugged Ethernet to no avail.

I'm being told by friends that there are others in the area having issues with broadband, is this a BT issue?

Help or suggestions as what to try next appreciated, two frustrated kids at the mo!!

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Issues in Borrowash derby area (Willowcroft Exchange) slow, dropped connections- router blue lig

Hi there, 

Sorry to see you were affected by some issues over the weekend, you appear to be back online now and all is looking fine from our point of view. I hope it didn't spoil your weekend too much though!

We're not always able to identify a cause in retrospect but it's likely a fault was affecting your local exchange that was identified and fixed proactively by Openreach.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Re: Issues in Borrowash derby area (Willowcroft Exchange) slow, dropped connections- router blue lig

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply. We are still not online, no wifi or wired ethernet access despite router reboot due to red light and blue light now on, but still nothing coming down?

I am not at home at present but have verified this with home.

Can you run the connection/outage report that I recall from last time I had an issue please to see if connection is unstable and therefore dropping in and out?

I have some seriously frustrated family at home at the moment, so any help and answers gratefully received.

Cheers

RichardA
Grafter

Adam , just a thought, could Plusnet Router be playing up/faulty? Would explain why you see no issue but we have one?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I can see a number of short connections so I think the problem is a dropping connection and it was down at the time you checked in with home, it's back on at the moment but we do need to get to the bottom of the cause of the issue. 

As the next step we could instigate would be an engineer visit I recommend trying another router if you can get your hands on one just to avoid any potential charges.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam

Thanks for checking, Home have just confirmed blue light on router is one but no access on wifi or ethernet still, so although you see an up connection, we have nothing past the router...

As you say best to check router first, as my contract is up next month and I did want to stay with you , can you not authorize a router to be sent out to allow me to check, happy to fund postage back to you if it makes no difference.

ghanmore

Hi I'm in chaddesden and our broadband comes from willowcroft exchange and we are having the same difficulties as you. All lights are on as they should be. Tried rebooting loads of times but either no internet of so slow it drops the connection. It's been like this since Sunday lunch time.
RichardA
Grafter

thanks, glad its not just us. Adam please note this indictates its not my sole issue. Also i have received this text: "Thank you for contacting us. A potential issue has been detected affecting a number of customers in your area. This has now been flagged to our supplier and assoon as I hear back from them I will update you via text.
Thank you for your patience in this matter and please accept my apologies for the current downtime"
This is from
07903100400, is this you or openreach? So this is a definate problem now.
RichardA
Grafter

had this via support ticket...Willowcroft has a number of circuits reporting loss of upstream throughput, BTW and OR now engaged. Please do not book a SFI or send out alternative hardware as this will not help in getting the customer back online.
So hopefully BT will fix willowcroft issue soonest.

adam, what compensation can we get for this downtime?