cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues and loss of connection ... daily!

emmakitty

Issues and loss of connection ... daily!

We recently switched from virgin due to their fibre being expensive and dropping connection regularly ... about once or twice every 10 days or so ... so thought we would switch. Easy to do and no problems ... then the connection keeps dropping out daily at least 3 times a day! Reported via phone during a curtesy welcome call from plusnet and again last week when we had very little connection time one day! Told a fault on the line we will fix it within 48hrs .. great but not fixed and still losing connection daily! Not great for a service that was faultless yrs ago ... help! How do i get fibre on a steady reliable connection?
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issues and loss of connection ... daily!

Thanks for your post @emmakitty I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I can see we've reported a fault to our suppliers last week and they've advised us they've believed to have rectified a fault on the line.

I've retested your line today and the tests are showing a high resistance fault and we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Before we do that could you run through the troubleshooting steps Here this is to connect your router into what's known as the test socket to rule out any internal wiring affecting this.

If your connection still drops can you reply to this ticket with your availability for an engineer to visit?

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet