cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after switching to fibre broadband

cjnu1

Issues after switching to fibre broadband

Hi everyone,

Forgive my technological ignorance - this is my first post. I recently switched from standard broadband to the fibre broadband, with a new hub. 

I'm having occasional connection issues - either by simply cutting out, or more frequently experiencing issues with DNS servers. 

Is there anything I should be doing, or is it merely a case of letting things settle? I've only had the new fibre structures in place for a week. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Issues after switching to fibre broadband

Hi @cjnu1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've reviewed your account today and though we can see the connection is dropping out we're unable to detect any underlying faults upon running a line test. My recommendation at this stage would be to set the router up within the test socket in the property to see if this makes any difference. We have a guide on how to do this here. I would also recommend running through our broadband troubleshooting guide, here. I hope that this helps, but if any further issues occur then please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
cjnu1

Thanks for the reply. The internet is running fine using the test socket, but then it's tricky to know when it will drop out so I'm not sure how long to leave it.

Another issue is that I'm getting the same speeds I had before I switched to higher speeds/fibre service. How long should I give it before speed increases? 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it possible I'd leave it connected in the test socket for at least 24 hours. Let us know when you've done that and we'll be able to review or connection logs with you to see if that's made any improvement. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team