cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting to sites (DNS?)

robunknownuser
Dabbler

Re: Issue connecting to sites (DNS?)

Well I'm still having issues and they seem to be very bad this evening... using gateway pcl-bng02 at the moment. Every other web page times out or cannot be reached and internet banking along with posting on forums is highly frustrating! Logged a ticket so I'll wait and see what they come back with.
dukeleto
Dabbler

Mine's been ok for a few days but is playing up again now. Would be interested to hear what they say since I was told that their engineers were working to resolve the gateway problems. What was a while ago now.
dukeleto
Dabbler

Quote from: robunknownuser
Well I'm still having issues and they seem to be very bad this evening... using gateway pcl-bng02 at the moment. Every other web page times out or cannot be reached and internet banking along with posting on forums is highly frustrating! Logged a ticket so I'll wait and see what they come back with.

Hi rob
Did you get any further with this?
Over the last couple of days the problem has resurfaced for me after a few weeks of it being ok.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I've been having issues lately where I am seemingly connected alright (either wifi or cable lights all OK on Modem and Router) but get messages that say that the Internet is unavailable. It returns shortly afterwards. Speed test showed to be slower by about 50%. I reset the router and it returns to normal speed but this is unusual behavior as its usually rock solid.
I asked for a Line Check last week when I lost internet twice only for a very short while, I now think that this problem may have surfaced then?
Still no sign of a line check from PlusNet, so either all busier, or fewer of them there, I think, possibly both. Annoying when broadband plays up isn't it, its not a toy and should be treated like power or water failing.
rogerx1
Grafter

I have been seeing this quite a lot over the last 24 hours or so.
I've not properly investigated, but from what I can see, it looks more like a DNS lookup type issue rather than packet loss.
Tench
Grafter

Same problem here for the last couple of days. Managed to get off the PCL gateways after several disconnects, re-connecting took a long time. Still sluggish, something is broken.
Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

+1
I thought it was my wireless card acting up. I had tried 10 different drivers until I just saw this thread  Roll_eyes
Phew, nothing wrong with my router then Smiley , I'm using OpenDNS I got these DNS Lookup errors, constantly, for every ~10-15 minutes. (My internet today caused dns errors around every ~30 minutes)
My DNS setup is:
Static DNS 1: Open DNS
Static DNS 2: Open DNS alternative
Static DNS 3: Google DNS
And I'm using forced dns redirection in my dd-wrt settings, to make sure these dns records will be forced on the devices connected.
Started around a dd-wrt build on, 2015/11/25. Lookup errors still present now, though only on ethernet making me think it's the router?
And I still prefer the ag gateway's compared to the pcl ones (they're always buggy for me, and pcl data centers are in London, where I live surprisingly)
nadeem73
Dabbler

i'm having issues getting to sites too
Seems like plus net do have some issue but does not look like the acknowledged it i'm not sure if i should open a ticket or hope as soon many people raised issue here they are reading and relaying back the issue
Brandscill
Grafter

Having lots of issues last night and today as well, lots of sites won't load
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@nadeem73
Raise a ticket as the staff have said on many occasions recently, no ticket, no problems. The good old days of posting to the forum being taken as a call to action have gone.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Um.
I have a stable connection with no dns lookup errors (for upto three hours, so far), when I am connected to this gateway:
You are currently connected to gateway ptn-ag03.
This is located in Telehouse North.

Seems like the PCL ones are up to play again (which happens all the time, for me  Undecided )
EDIT: So it's been around six or seven hours, and no more DNS lookup errors Grin
(Just had one now, been around 6 hours, but that is my Intel wireless card changing from the 5G band to the 2G band, when there is a signal degradation - worked again after 10 seconds...)
darklight
Grafter

Also having issues, not getting to servers on time like on the PS4 when i play elder scrolls online, times out, some web sites also.
rogerx1
Grafter

Intermittent problems today with timeouts and not connecting. I am currently on gateway pcl-bng02.
I tried a few traceroutes and pings and they all seemed to be going through okay though.
Just going to drop my connection and see if things improve.
darklight
Grafter

I am on gateway pcl-bng01 atm, still not great.
darklight
Grafter

Just had acouple of time outs trying to login to elder scrolls online servers  Cry