cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Since Tuesday 10th with Fibre Line being down

Tomask
Hooked

Issue Since Tuesday 10th with Fibre Line being down

Ok so I'm having a bit of a bad time of it with my fibre at the moment and i suspect its the coming together of some unrelated issues at the same time. 

1) On Sunday last week i had to raise a fault regarding my line because their was a copper wiring fault of some description the engineer was out on Monday morning and resolved everything and plus net setup my profile correctly which was great so all seemed good for half of monday.

2) woke up Tuesday morning and saw my connection light was down but my dsl light was up so i contacted plus net who said there was an outage in my area. Upon checking the openreach site sure enough there was a problem so i said ok fair enough i will wait it out. When i got back home that evening the xDSL sync light was out and i was getting no signal to my router at all from the exchange it seems. Its been like that for 2 days now 3rd will be tomorrow. I have tried to raise another fault but it keeps saying i have an outstanding one all ready every time i contact support they keep saying i have to wait 72 hours due to my existing fault. I waited the allotted time (5pm today) and still hadnt heard anything or had my question updated. So i figured i would cancel the fault for the previous query and tried to raise a new one for the line being down but it wont let me.

Im sure i shouldn't have done this but it just seemed i wasn't getting anywhere if anyone sees this can someone take a look and suggest what i should do now. Its heading on to a week now without usable broadband and its starting to become a real pain.

Tom

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Issue Since Tuesday 10th with Fibre Line being down

Welcome to PN mate, I absolutely hate that 72 hour [-Censored-], only way round was constantly reply back to PN on phone and emails eventually I  got a personnel response from someone who took over my case. and don't forget to ask for money back you didn't get the service so you should not have to pay. Good luck

Tomask
Hooked

Spoke to Customer Service again this morning who have reopened the case and escalated but still have not had a call regarding it. Been told if i don't hear anything by 5pm tomorrow i need to ring the faults team still not very happy about it. Will be 4 days with nothing by then!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear it's still down.

I can see that our Faults team are looking into this and the ports in the cabinet have been identified as faulty.

Our suppliers have ordered new ones and we'll get you a further update as soon as we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tomask
Hooked

Matthew,

Thanks for the update much appreciated i suspected it was something like that it is nice to know. How long was this known ? Only curious because its taken me 4 days to get any news at all.

Tom

Tomask
Hooked

Another Day and still no ETA on when it will be fixed.

Tags (3)
Tomask
Hooked

Just got told now that no update from suppliers since Thursday.. this is awful service.

Even with me closing the ticket i had open from last Sunday and this being treated like a new case this is still shocking how can it take more than 3 days to get something supplied.

I am now guessing i wont have anything in place for the weekend. I am not paying my full bill this month which is due on the 19th.

To think i came back to you guys because i had no problems and good service last time how times have changed. 

Tags (3)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

If it is a fault at the Exchange then it isn't really a Plusnet problem, it's their maintainer - Openreach - and they're a law unto themselves!  You would have the same problem with any other ISP supplying the BT product.  Where Plusnet are current failing is in their obligation to keep the customer informed of progress - or in your case lack of it.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tomask
Hooked

Regardless where the problem lays plusnet is my point of contact so that is where i will direct my questions and hopefully get my answers. At the end of the day i am now still without a connection since 10/05/2016 all i get still is we are chasing suppliers or waiting for engineer allocation. 

The case actually had to be force closed on BT's end yesterday as they finally admitted it was lost in the BT system somewhere I was then told someone would pass this on to be dealt with in a 24 hour period as it was a newly logged case. I have had no news and when i contacted them today at 11:40 ish all I was told was the case was in the same place it was yesterday. 

Forgive me for my annoyance but i don't know what to believe anymore i have gone past my patience threshold however i am not going to get angry about it its just very frustrating. I myself work in the I.T industry and i provide 24/7 support for a large company in a team of 3 which i supervise. If i or my team had taken this long to resolve a connection issue i would have been in more trouble that i am giving. I have to take into account its a residential line thus governed by different rules.

At the end of the day the ticket system never seems to be updated without constant chasing and MauriceC is totally correct in the fact they are failing to provide satisfactory updates even if they contain no progress If 

i followed the same process i would have been sacked.

The sad thing is every agent i have spoken to on the Chat system and phone has been perfectly acceptable

towards me and provided the answers they could so i have after every chat I refuse to mark the agent down on the support provided.

When asked my satisfaction with plusnet however its of course not going to be good due to the amount of time taken.

The problem had been identified last week so should have been fixed start of this week in my opinion.

Tomask
Hooked

Ok so my Fibre line came back up late last night at last! However i am faced with the same issue i originally reported which was that my sync rate looks to be 80/20 however the line looks capped at 40/10 as i am paying for the 80/20 and my current line speed profile with plus net is set to 80mb i am not sure where the issue lies. I have attached my sync details.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The stats show your on the 40/2 package,  as you signed up for 80/20 then i would phone or go into live chat and get them to change you to the correct one.

Tomask
Hooked

Yeah that's what i figured. However i contacted them just now and they have stated i am on 80/20 however the fault is still active on the line so we are going to wait for that to clear then look into the speed issue. All in all quite a frustrating couple of weeks. I am content with having a connection at the moment but will want the full 80/20 or downgrading if not achievable however i think stats show its doable.