Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this true

Peterxrm
Grafter

Is this true

The quote below is from the Master Page for PlusNet

Help's at hand whenever you need it. Get award-winning UK-based support 365 days a year.

I need help and have been waiting for three days to get help. Yet again my speed has dropped to a level that would come at a lower charge rate. This happens every so often and I have to try and get help. So is the quote in disagreement with trading standards?
This lot know if I had not taken a year's phone rental i would be gone fast. What does one have to do to get just a plain service. Would you wait in the que for 30 minutes at you garage to pay for petrol? or wait 30 minutes at a bar to pay for a beer!
2 REPLIES 2
arktos
Rising Star

Re: Is this true

I like your analogies regarding the typical 30 min. wait time.
I empathise with your frustration, which I share. This really shouldn't have been allowed to become the norm.
My experiences with BT have been very similar (can't think why!) but an important difference is that the agents at Plusnet seem to me to be a lot more interested in getting to the root of the problem and anxious to help. They also speak our native tongue, (well the Yorkshire version of it,) and I've never had one cut me off.
Nevertheless, I do agree that waiting times are too long, and it can double if you have to go back in the queue to speak to a different team. Were this something that has arisen recently, then one would have to be patient to allow staffing and accommodation issues to be addressed, but I think that it has been going on too long for that.
I have a theory that making the ticket system more restricted and less apparent might have contributed to the long queue times. From what I've seen, it looks like tickets can only be raised on a limited range of issues, but I'm ready to be corrected.
All too often, like right now for example, I've had a simple query about something like an unexpected charge or provisioning query, for example. It isn't  urgent, (and Plusnet can be relied upon to correct such errors without too much dispute,) so you just want to flag it up and receive an explanation sometime. A few moments typing a ticket, like you could with the 'old' plusnet would be fine.
But no, it's about half an hour on the phone every time, and a non-urgent simple issue increases the queue for people with something urgent or complicated to resolve.
Pity the poor agent whose customer is already stressed out, and the poor agent who feels under pressure because he/she  knows that the queue is a mile long. Pity the customer too, when Plusnet are unabashed about wasting so much of his/her time.
NewtonGauss
Grafter

Re: Is this true

Couldn't agree more. Well said.
AlexB