cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

aronas1234
Hooked

Is this normal?

Today the engineer was supposed to come to install the fibre or whatever from 8am-1pm.
The engineer never came and now I checked the status of the broadband order and this is
what I found. The router hasn't even been shipped and the new broadband should have been up
by now. I already called the plus.net support and they told me BT will call me in the next 48
hours. However I am very curious about why the router hasn't even been shipped yet.
5 REPLIES 5
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Is this normal?

Raise a ticket or contact them via online chat, you should get your router before the engineer comes otherwise you wont be able to access the internet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately it looks as though the Plusnet ordering system has stalled
This is a frequent complaint that there isn't an automatic - whoops something has gone wrong flag - system of triggering a manual investigation
shure
Grafter

I would call them and pin them down.  Raising a ticket can take days.  You'll be on hold for a good while but it will be worth it in the end.  I would insist on being put through to Provisioning, too, as 1st line are often poorly trained and have been known to give incorrect answers.  Provisioning tend to be more accurate
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It looks like the order was placed correctly on this occasion, though there had been little progression on our supplier's side.
I believe that my colleague has gotten in touch with OP and their line should be active by Friday. Really sorry for the delay here.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nobody
Community Veteran

This happened to me as well.  It wasn't until the day before the install did I know that there was a problem at the order stage.  I wasn't informed by phone or email, despite the blub claiming that I would be informed by email/SMS throughout the order stage.  I only found out when logging on to the account.  What happened was that the address of my landline number didn't match BT's database.  My house is a new build and when the original BT line was put in the address used was the plot number of the developer.  When I ordered fibre using the current address "the supplier" couldn't match it against the Plot number address. 
I called Plusnet and they were able to put the order through whilst I was on the call. I did receive email and SMS notifications on the order from then on. The install was then some 2 weeks after that.  The engineer was brill - I was the last call at around 3 in the afternoon but apparently he had started at 6am.  As it was a new build house it was a really simple job for him.  All he did was to swap the faceplate on the master socket and plug in the modem.