Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Is this a mistake?

@ejs wrote:

Perhaps they should have just made people pick one of the services currently available to new customers instead, hopefully that would have been simpler than arranging something different.

I don't understand why they haven't plugged the gaping hole in their product range and made 55/10 a standard product - and then moved us all to it.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Same reason they decided to go from 40/20 to 40/2 instead of 40/10 , to save money.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@ejs wrote:

Perhaps they should have just made people pick one of the services currently available to new customers instead,

Or just wait until those contracts ran out.

shylok
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I also appear to have been downgraded without the upgrade (already tried rebooting modem), im close enough to the cab to benefit from the increased downstream (68mbps max estimate) on my line, the loss of 4mbps upload i don't mind however the annual increases in line rental i do, something that most ISPs are milking to offset the competitive low price of their broadband products

147026985009546783778.png24583278632169988782.png

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

4 Days , 379 posts Undecided and no one at PN has the Guts to post a Service Notice Sad  NOT even a apology

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
andytay
Rising Star

This reminds me of a couple of months ago when youview had issues with accessing pay channels, this went on for weeks and no one from plusnet gave us any updates.

I have no issues with the forum admins as they are probably kept in the dark too but plusnet come on! We pay for a service so give us what we pay for!

Araf
Grafter

Is it 55/10 day?

OR

Groundhog day-a situation in which a series of unwelcome or tedious events appear to be recurring in exactly the same way.

John_Leeming
Dabbler

Just taken a look at Plusnet reviews on TrustPilot....Oh dear I hadn't realised how downhill Plusnet had fallen. Replying to the majority of complaints with a stock answer doesn't bode well either. Are we being conned? Has anyone good experience with other ISP's?

Bob1
Rising Star

Well, we're into day 4 now.

One of the problems with checking back here (an experience a bit like watching paint dry) is that my eyes keep drifting to the bottom of the page, where it says: "We'll do you proud .............. We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service."

arciere

That's right. You get that by paying more, as it's just happened.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Araf
Grafter

Part of the code of practice has now changed - new wording in Bold;

We're committed to offering the highest levels of service within our industry; therefore you can be assured that we take all customer issues seriously but will be from now on applying the "growing mushrooms" principle of feeding customers bovine manure (best Yorkshire) and keeping them in the dark!

Axolotl
Grafter

I got caught in the 40/20 becomes 40/10 instead of 55/10 problem on Monday.

Unfortunately, I was not able to login here because of the forum changes that happened ages ago, so I phoned your helpdesk three times, Monday and Tuesday and got a different story each time. Latest was that it should all be fixed by today (Wednesday).

Today, my upload speed throughput has dropped from 9 to 5 on BT speedtester., my download is stuck at 38  throughput.

Is this a new problem that I should report, or has Plusnet just made a bad mess worse?

This is going from bad to worse. Is there any update on exactly when this will be sorted?

SwindonMan8
Dabbler

Something recently seems to have changed, I am currently having to wait until the 9/8/16 ( 1 Week ) for an engineer to call for a fault which Plusnet have recognized .

Appointment ref: 3454CB6FR  
Fault ref: 3-149038322051
Visit Number:1
Araf
Grafter

Hey Plusnet, you can take being a Yorkshire person too far.

‘Ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt. 

And if ever thou does owt fer nowt – allus do it fer thissen

Mayfly
All Star

Well I've just done 2 speed tests

1st by Ookla,  52/9.5

2nd Speed of me,  56/10 so mine has changed since I rebooted yesterday.

I don't think there is an over reaction to this thread, if PN asked us to pay extra and we only paid a portion of that increase if that they would soon be sorting something out or cutting the service, As I said before I don't think any of this is deliberate, I don't believe they said this what we will tell them but not do anything about it, but can't say I'm surprised it's happened.