cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

oldjack
Grafter

Re: Is this a mistake?

I seem to be on the same BTW of 55/20 ,if the GEA is to be believed. BTW DSl tester shows the clean speeds as 57.1 to 43.5 down and 15.4 to 10.3 up. As I'm getting 10.2 up on the GEA would that suggest I'm not yet switched to 55/10 ? I also noticed on the GEA the comment "Retransmission Low -0.128M-20M. What is that implying?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It implies you are on a Huawei Cab and G.INP is active on the Upstream - that's good news - G.INP is a (newer) type of error correction and usually means when active that the line doesn't need as much Interleaving if there's a bit of an error problem. There are plenty of threads about on G.INP and if you want a detailed technical explanation, Kitz is the place to go.

oldjack
Grafter

Thank you Anotherone for the G.INP information. Will Plusnet be resetting my profile to 55/10 ?

jcwtf
Hooked

All I know is what is on the attachments I sent. I tried to do a BTw test again in case I clipped off the bit where it'd mention estimates of speeds but it no longer works. I clipped it last time to hide my phone number etc.

I'm not sure if the ticket is still open. When I opened it on Monday PN sent a message saying they'll contact me soon, then about a minute later I had an email saying my lines speeds are in spec so no fault found...so I don't know if that means I'm still waiting or not. Also. I don't know they looked at speeds as if I'm on 40/20 or 55/10.

I have attached some info that mentioned estimated speeds from the PN member centre.

Not much help really I suppose is it? 

Anotherone
Champion

Try the BT DSL Checker again, no real reason it shouldn't work ok. (If you are having an issue clipping a graphical image you can do copy/paste on the text and post that - it doesn't look too pretty but hey). I wanted to see if your estimate had changed from what you attached.
Either the agent that responded was considering just the 40/20 and not considering you should now be on 55/10 or you were being fobbed off. A 44.77 IP Profile is below the quoted Plusnet range (which should be based on the BT one). A GEA test may give an indication as to why the line seems to be under-performing.

Log into the Member Centre, you should find your ticket here. If it's open you can add to it, in any event post the ticket number here.

@oldjack As mentioned by @bobpullen several posts back, it can/may take several weeks before you are actaully put on the OR/BTw 55/10 product but in the meantime your line is performing correctly for that 55/10 profile.

jcwtf
Hooked

Thanks. the ticket number for my fault is Question #131180323.
Attached is the BT DSL checker results.
I added a comment to my ticket requesting they do a GEA test.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Ok.  Still not sure whats going on with my line.....  BRAS profile still 77/20, and syncing at the full 80/20.

Speedtests are a somewhat erratic, but are around 47/9.

Can Plusnet tell me what i am profiled at or what OR product I am actually on.

I am on PCL-Ag03

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5543641807.png

Estragon
Rising Star

Clearly on Openreach 80/20 and Plusnet 55/10 profiling. Your erratic speed tests could be down to several factors, the most likely ones being you are using a wireless connection to your router and/or the speedtest is not the only thing using the connection at the time.

zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My profile was on 40.99mb DL & 20mb UL, I told PN about 55/10 upgrade and

faults decided to do a change and told me I would see change within 24 hours.

Today I did the BTW test and my profile lowered to 25 to 38mb DL & 10mb UL

I told them immediately and was given the following replies "It is on training mode" to " It doesn't matter what the profile says you will still get highest speed"

Any help on that will be appreciated.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

"It is on training mode" ????

Once again PN staff ! why do they say this , there is NO training mode for FTTC

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion

@zishan You've been given a load of bull by the sound of it. Please see some of the more recent posts by me here for things to check.

Anotherone
Champion

@jcwtf When/if you get the GEA test result and/or a response to the ticket could you start your own thread - again with ticket number and the results from the DSL Checker and the BT IP Profile. As the profile is within the Impacted range, it may be worth going through a few checks about your installation - also rough date of FTTC installation and Modem & Router.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I snipped this from BB help pages ,  "   About Broadband speed "    it does not say ADSL only Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion

Yes I know - funnily enough I was reading that (again) only yesterday, the content has been the same for some considerable time. I'm actually having a conversation about the whole Help elsewhere atm.

I believe the wording is like that for historical reasons, the primary one I believe being it is almost impossible to get BTw to look at an FTTC fault in the first 10 days. Note, not the same as getting OR to look at a fault - which would usually be directly related to the install having an issue.

andytay
Rising Star

Any help on this please? My resolver is ranging from 43-100 and loading of web pages is like that of dial up! I rebooted my router and still slow!