Did you mean: 

Is this a mistake?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Is this a mistake?

You have to laugh.

They're still calling it an upgrade.

Oops sorry to repeat that but what can you do when this also "upgraded" forum no longer tells you when someone has made a post while your typing.

John_Leeming
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Forgive my ignorance but isn't it a matter of changing their clients profile?

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

shake it all about grade.

Plural Grade ?

Hamba
Grafter

I can't help feeling that there is a lot of over reaction in this thread.

Ok there's been a problem and it's taking a while to sort out but as far as I can see no one has lost connection.  And Plusnet reps have posted in this and other related threads.

I'm not particularly happy about the change in the product but it's hardly the end of the world.  People make mistakes and I'm bound to say the customer service I've received from Plusnet and Madasafish before them has generally been of a high standard.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Are you a staffer ?

PeteW1959
Grafter

@Hamba wrote:

I can't help feeling that there is a lot of over reaction in this thread.

I don't think is 'over reaction' to complain about something you have paid for and not received.

If you went down to the corner shop, asked for, and were charged for, a 6 pack of beer then left with a single can wouldn't you complain?

zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Hamba lol, it says newbie under your name, are PN getting staff to sign up and leave messages. Poor poor
Hamba
Grafter

30FTTC06 wrote:

Are you a staffer ?

Nope.   Just that I've managed to carry on in my usual way on the Internet with no disruption and compared to other online services I use PN is/has been pretty good.

Hamba
Grafter

@PeteW1959 wrote:

I don't think is 'over reaction' to complain about something you have paid for and not received.

If you went down to the corner shop, asked for, and were charged for, a 6 pack of beer then left with a single can wouldn't you complain?

I don't think your comparison works

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Actually I think it is a perfect comparison.

Hamba
Grafter

@zishan wrote:
@Hamba lol, it says newbie under your name, are PN getting staff to sign up and leave messages. Poor poor

Maybe you should also look at my registration date.  I don't spend a lot of time here.  I used to post somewhat more on thinkbroadband.  

I do most of my posting here: https://soundcloud.com/hamb-1

Araf
Grafter

The next update will be.....

the first update!
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I think we have a right as customers to feel hacked off and let down. We were sold a product 40/20 in good faith. Plusnet decided that this was not in their best interests cost wise and so regraded us to a cheaper BTO product 55/10.  This was promised for the 1st August,  but now this!!!! 

What i don't understand is what has happened.  Surely plusnet should have requested a regrade to the different BTO  product and if so why the hell are they messing with profiles on their end. Isnt this sorted at the DSLAM depending upon which BTO product you are on. Matthew and harry almist certainly know what's going on and have very likely been gagged by the powers above,  but again WHY. Is the issue so much of a [-Censored-] up.... if this isn't sorted in the next 24 to 48hrs with no comment as to the issues or a timescale, then we should be freed from contract and allowed to leave if we wish, as plusnet are not fulfilling their part of the contract.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Perhaps they should have just made people pick one of the services currently available to new customers instead, hopefully that would have been simpler than arranging something different.

medea
Grafter

Speed test before 37.5/9.5.

Router powered down fo >30 secs and then restarted.

Speed test after unchanged; i.e. the planned change still hasn't been achieved

So for me personally the change made by PN to try to implement 55/10 has resulted in an unchanged download speed and the loss of the capability to upload at a significantly faster speed; a reduction of close to 50%.  Given that I did not receive an email from PN at the end of June and as a very long term loyal customer I find the current situation disappointing, particularly in respect of the speed with which a significant issue is being addressed and the poor quality of communication to keep affected customers informed.

My loyalty to PN has been based on the quality of the support available; for many users the need for support is infrequent but when needed has to be timely and efficient.  This episode is the latest example that calls into question the quality of PN support services and the internal communications of the company.